The Golden Girls

Foreign Exchange

Aired Unknown May 06, 1989 on NBC

• Sophia's old friends, Philomena and Dominic, come from Sicily for a visit and have shocking news. Philomena met Sophia in the hospital when they were giving birth and Philomena and Dominic claim that Dorothy was switched at birth.

This episode was so dramatic, yet so funny all at the same time. The writers are very talented and they are very creative. The script is always so well written and hilarious. The end was especially funny, when Dorothy thought Sophia has the results of the test and Sophia said that she wasn't her mother and it was just a shopping list. She told Dorothy to get a sense of humor. This episode is definately a series classic. It is the reason I watch this show. The comedy is great. This episode is the perfect installment to this amazing series.
  • I love this show!

I only recently started watching The Golden Girls for the first time. I love it. I thought this episode was great. It made me laugh, and it made me cry. I loved how Sophia tore up the results. She is always putting down Dorothy, and I admit I teared up when she realized that no matter what, Dorothy is her daughter, regardless of what a piece of paper said. I do wish they had confirmed that Dorothy is actually Sophia's daughter, I hate endings when you dont get the answer! LOL I loved it so much, and I think it's sweet that no matter how often she puts Dorothy down, they have a close relationship, and I think it's so cute how Sophia calls her PusssyCat.