TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

The Golden Girls Forums

NBC (ended 1992)

do u think blanche really was a slut?

rainbowman78

[21]Nov 4, 2006
    • level: 4
    I think Blanche was very...free with her sex life. I wouldn't want to call her a slut per say but still. Remember the episode (48 Hours ?) where Rose thinks she has AIDS and Blanche confides in her that she too had to be treated once. She said from then on out she always knew a man's history before going to bed with him. In stark contrast though, she was married to George for who knows how many years and it was never once implied she cheated on him even once. To me she doesn't sound like too big a slut before George or even at all during her marriage to him but after George died she did become one. I wonder if maybe it was a coping tool. You know, her way of dealing with the pain and the loss. Trying to find that one man that would satisfy her in every way like George had. 
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sitcomfreak

[22]Apr 15, 2007
    • level: 18
    Well yeah she basically said that exact same thing in "Mrs. George Deveraux." Her line. . ."many, many men."

mrsfleeshman

[23]Apr 16, 2007
    • level: 51
    Yeah I remember that. She says something along the lines of that people who were really getting a lot, were out doing it, not talking about it

MilhousesDad

[24]Apr 16, 2007
    • level: 3
    she was a nympho look it up in the dictionary it mean's someone who's a sex-addict, id unn there's time's where her sluttyness add's comic relief cause after she says something sleazy Dorothy or Sophia usually also made a wisecrack in other way's listening to her lewd mouth can be pretty unnerving
    Edited on 04/16/2007 11:39am

mvscali89

[25]Apr 16, 2007
    • level: 29
    i agree with rainbowman poster- she was lonely after george died and dating men was her way to not think about him all the time and not be sad and dragging her life because of his death.

MilhousesDad

[26]Apr 17, 2007
    mvscali89 who's that woman in your profile pic she's a cutie

LatinPassion

[27]Aug 6, 2007
    • level: 7
    MDad thats Megan Mullaly (sp?) from Will and Grace.

sara1104

[28]Aug 7, 2007
    • level: 2

In every group of freinds it is said that there is always the smart one, the sweet one, and the slut....

I think every true fan of GG loved and wasvery amused by Blanche's character, the slut, and got many laughs out of it. I also think that she let women of her age become more comfortable with their sexuality, as Dorthy put it once, and not be afraid to be sexy and think highly of themselves without having to be a mean or stuck up woman.

Smokeahontis

[29]Aug 7, 2007
    Blanche's character would be what society classifies as a "slut" because she's a woman, however her sexual lifestyle doesnt differ from that of any average male that's just into having fun. Go figure.

iluvgilmore7791

[30]Aug 8, 2007
    • level: 19
    Yes, she was.

tvatitsbest

[31]Sep 3, 2007

RipHer2Shreds wrote:
    flashgarrick wrote:
    MTMFan wrote:
    floberdobdob wrote:
    do u all think blanche really was a slut, or do u think she just enjoyed the company of men. maybe she was oversexed, and not really a slut, i mean she didn't do it with just anybody
    I think calling Blanche a "slut" is a bit harsh. But she wasn't innocent either! She just has a tendency to embellish things a bit, b/c she's from the Southa and that's how she was raised.
    Well, heck, she even referred to herself as a slut once.
    I know, right? lol It's not harsh - she's a television character and was the butt of many a joke because of her, uh, freedom.

She was a television character? seriously? i had no idea "rolls eyes" blanch is a slut but she is also a friendly woman and funny and the best character in the golden girls in my opinion.

cherrytree34

[32]Sep 6, 2007
    • level: 13
    Yes.

lotusblu

[33]Nov 8, 2007
    I think that Blanche kept her fingers crossed most of the time.....meaning she talked big but in reality she wasn't with as many men as she led the girls to believe. She was looking for the love she lost when her husband George died. She did not want to be alone. Sophia had more affairs then Blanche if you watch how the episodes played out.

millerem99

[34]Nov 13, 2007
    • level: 51

Perhaps she kept her fingers crossed, but definitely not her legs.

neurononsense

[36]Jan 4, 2008
    • level: 5

Blanche definitely had her fair share of lovers, but I dont think I'd go so far as to call her a slut. Slut implies something dirty or sinful (in my mind.) Blanche just liked having sex. In one episode - I think it's the one where Rose is molested by her dentist - Blanche says that she has had many men, but the decision and control has always been hers. It was a great little speech, and it gave me a lot more respect for her.

zoloft3000

[37]Feb 21, 2008
    nah she just had a lot of men she told rose she gets tested and stuff i dont think she is but she dosent mind bring cald it