NBC (ended 1992)
I love the episode where they are in that competition to make a song for Miami. I don't know why I love that episode so much.
However, I also like the Murder Mystery one too.
I have a favorite episode, but I don't know what the title is. All I know is that is my favorite, because of one preticular moment. I guess the heat and electricity go out. This forces all of the girls to sleep in one bed. Dorothy, Blanche, and Rose all decide to sleep in sophia's bed. Then Rose say that she must say her prayers, and gets out of bed to knell beside it. She starts to pray and a voice answers her, it sounds like Dorothy. The voice says, Thank you Rose for the lovely prayer, now shut up and get in to bed." She does, and Blanche nudges Dorothy and says, Good One Dorothy. Dorothy's reply is " that wasn't me." HA HA HA!
I loved "the Break In" from season one. I love the 'make my day parody' Dorothy and Sophia do. Also the episode where Dorothy unknowingly dates the priest.....the scene where Blanche opens the door to see a priect there..."sorry Father, I don't normally take the Lord's name in vain...Oh Jesus, now I'm lying to a priest...........Forgive me father, I'm a baptist, and you can't forgive us baptists..." or Sophia thinking the priest is there to shut her up because she lost at bingo.
I also love the episode where Rose goes in for an Aids test. It gives Rose a rare opportunity to be serious and less of a ditz.
There are so many great episodes, its hard to choose. And that's just looking at the first 5 seasons!
One of my favorites is "Questions and Answers" when Dorothy is on "Jepoardy!" against Rose and Charlie Dietz from "Empty Nest". The first time I saw it, I was laughing so much that I was crying.
Announcer: And our returning champion, Rose Nylund.
Dorothy: This woman is an idiot!
Announcer: She didn't get knocked up in high school!
omg, here's my list:
1. The Pilot (Sophia moves in from Shady Pines)
2. The Accurate Conception (Blanche's daughter to sperm bank)
3. Job Hunting (Rose loses job at counseling center)
4. Old Friends (Black man with alzheimers)
5. Brotherly Love (Stan's brother visits and Dorothy likes him)
6. Yokel Hero (Woman of the Year for Rose)
7. Two Rode Together (Dorothy and Sophia in Disneyworld)
8. Foreign Exchange (Sophia may not be Dorothy's real mother)
9. Great Expectations (Rose joins self help group)
10. Clinton Avenue Memoirs (Sophia starts forgetting old memories and visits Brooklyn)
11. Sisters & Other Strangers (Blanche's **** sister visits)
12. Once, In St. Olaf (Rose's Monk father)
13. Love for Sale (Stan buys Dorothy at bachelorette auction)
14. Sisters of the Bride (Blanche's brother marries man)
15. Journey to the Center of Attention (Dorothy sings at sleezy bar)
16. One Flew Out of the Cuckoo's Nest. . .(The Finale)