The Golden Girls Forums

NBC (ended 1992)

Favorite Episode

telvisnostic

[21]May 11, 2007
    • level: 52
    sitcomfreak wrote:

omg, here's my list:

1. The Pilot (Sophia moves in from Shady Pines)

2. The Accurate Conception (Blanche's daughter to sperm bank)

3. Job Hunting (Rose loses job at counseling center)

4. Old Friends (Black man with alzheimers)

5. Brotherly Love (Stan's brother visits and Dorothy likes him)

6. Yokel Hero (Woman of the Year for Rose)

7. Two Rode Together (Dorothy and Sophia in Disneyworld)

8. Foreign Exchange (Sophia may not be Dorothy's real mother)

9. Great Expectations (Rose joins self help group)

10. Clinton Avenue Memoirs (Sophia starts forgetting old memories and visits Brooklyn)

11. Sisters & Other Strangers (Blanche's ****  sister visits)

12. Once, In St. Olaf (Rose's Monk father)

13. Love for Sale (Stan buys Dorothy at bachelorette auction)

14. Sisters of the Bride (Blanche's brother marries man)

15. Journey to the Center of Attention (Dorothy sings at sleezy bar)

16. One Flew Out of the Cuckoo's Nest. . .(The Finale)

That list is awesome.  The ones in bold are my personal faves.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BKback75

[22]Jun 26, 2007
    • level: 3
    My favorite one is when they were remembering when they all moved in together and the part where Rose was telling the story of the herrings and how Johhansen want to train them for the circus. I loved this episode because Bea and Rue were trying not to laugh throughout the whole scene but in the end they couldnt help it and just started to laugh

goldengirl1

[23]Jul 1, 2012
    • level: 1

I can't choose just one. My favorites of each season are:

Season 1: Blanche and the Younger Man (Blanche: This is strictly off the record, but Dirk is nearly 5 years younger than I am. Dorothy: In what, dog years!) The Flu, and The Way We Met (a classic).

Season 2: Big Daddy's little Lady (Dorothy and Rose making the Miami song...Miami, you're cuter than, an inter-uterine!!!!), Vacation, Bedtime Story, Forgive Me Father (Dorothy: I look like the Mother of a solid gold dancer), Whose Face is it Anyway (Blanche: I couldn't go on if I had to look like the two of you!)

Season 3: The Audit, Three on a Couch, Dorothy's New Friend, Grab That Dough, Mixed Blessing.

Season 4: Scared Straight, Blind Date, Love Me Tender, High Anxiety (playing Rose's game similar to Monopoly!), The One That Got Away, and Foreign Exchange (Sophia to Dorothy: Don't call me Ma, call me Sophia like my other friends)

Season 5: Dancing in the Dark (Rose: I don't even feel comfortable telling him St. Olaf stories. Dorothy: Tell me exactly what he said to make you feel that way.)

Season 6: Snap Out of It, Zborn Again, How Do You Solve A Problem Like Sophia?, Girls Just Want To Have Fun Before They Die, Stand By Your Man, Sisters of the Bride, What A Difference A Date Makes.

Season 7: Hey, Look Me Over (Dorothy thinking Sophia needs a hearing aid, but turns out she does), The Case of the Libertine Belle (Rose: Well Blanche, there could be two explanations...!), Beauty and The Beast (Nurse DeFarge!), Where's Charlie? (Sophia pretending to be possessed by Rose's dead husband!), Old Boyfriends (Dorothy: So, its true, you want my mother for SEX games!), Goodbye Mr. Gordon (Dorothy and Blanche being mistaken for Lesbians!), Questions and Answers (offering Dorothy candy after making her feel bad Sophia: Lifesaver? Dorothy: Ah, go to hell Ma!), and Journey to the Center of Attention (Dorothy upstaging Blanche, and Blanche making a fool of herself singing that song! Blanche: Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?.....Man pulls out gun!)

Yes, all of these are my favorites! If you can't tell, I am a true GG fan!

Edited on 07/01/2012 2:29pm
    Edited 2 total times.

mark40511

[24]Aug 17, 2012
    • level: 2

Wow -

If I had to pick an ABSOLUTE favorite, I think it would the Twas the Nightmare before Christmas.

I'm sorry, but that episode was hysterical! Blanche's calendar gift for everyone "How thoughtful" (LOL)

Dorothy's "Next time I'm lost in the woods with a stack of pancakes" comment

The crazy man staring at Dorothy and the look she gives me back

Dorothy's crack when Blanche is telling her story in the Diner and Dorothy says "Please, I could get herpes listening to this story"

There are so many episodes of this show that are hysterical though. It's so difficult to pick a favorite for a show this fantastic!