TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

The Golden Girls Forums

NBC (ended 1992)

Favourite Season

damanray

[1]Nov 29, 2009
    • level: 9

I've always wondered what everybod's favourite and least favourite season was and why. I always thought the first four seasons were the best and the show lost some of its original charm in the fifth and the sixth season before rebounding amazingly in the final season.

My favourtie season by far and away is the second. I've had the DVD for three years now and it still makes me laugh out loud. It was so consistent and never felt formulaic or an effort to sit throught. I also liked the size of the audience. The laughter seemed genuine and i found my self laughing as much as them.It got too big in the final seasons. You can tell they reduced it in the final season.

Least favourite is the sixth. The directing wasn't as top notch as Terry Hughes' was and the jokes began to recurr. Not saying it was an awful season. Not at all. It had some wonderful episodes. 'What a difference a date Makes'. 'Mrs George Deveraux' are wonderful episodes all well written and acted. The studio audience felt generic. They seemed to find every Joke hilarious.

In order then. Season 2, followed closely by season 7, then Season 1, Season 3, Season 4, Season 5 and a little further behind 6.

That's just my opinion. Others may disagree. Just wondering what you all thought

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

telvisnostic

[2]Dec 12, 2009
    • level: 52
    For me it's Season 2, 1, 4, 5, 7, 3 and 6.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.