The Golden Girls Forums

NBC (ended 1992)

Get Golden Palace on Lifetime one last time....

kravitzfan12

[1]Apr 17, 2008
    • level: 34

I was extremely foolish when Lifetime aired Golden Palace the first time and didn't tape all of the episodes. Now Buena Vista has no plans of releasing it on DVD and Golden Girls is moving from Lifetime to Hallmark. Whether that means Golden Palace will move as well I don't know.

Let's all head over to mylifetime.com, go to their feedback page and write to them how you feel about Golden Palace. Request that they air it once more before Golden Girls goes to Hallmark.

Since Buena Vista has no plans at the time to release Golden Palace, this is our only chance to see the show again and tape it, so we have it forever in our collections.

Even if you didn't like Golden Palace, please support your fellow Golden Girls fans who want to see it again. Take 5 minutes to write to Lifetime and tell them how you feel. I guarentee it will pay off.

Make sure to check YES under the message area for feedback. Please post their replys when they send it. Maybe we will see a positive change from the beginning of campaigning to the later stages.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kravitzfan12

[2]Apr 17, 2008
    • level: 34

Some new info regarding Lifetime and Hallmark:

Lifetime, in their FAQ under feedback... different from the link posted... says that they only read comments written by postcard. here is the address you must send to...

309 W 49th Street / New York, New York 10019 (slash represents second line)

I also have the Hallmark feedback link. Write the same stuff you would to Lifetime, just addressing the new GG acquirement.

Heres the link: http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/publish/consumer/home/contact_us.html

You can also call and leave a message to Hallmark at this number: 1-888-390-7474. Just listen to the message and after the beep give your "speech". You should have something written down that you can just read from. It sounds more professional.

Thanks for all your help. Please continue to write on Lifetime's feedback link provided... address it about GOLDEN PALACE. Lifetime has been ignoring emails about GOLDEN GIRLS because so much is hate mail about them dropping it!

********UPDATE********

I was just contacted by Hallmark that they do not own the rights to Golden Palace. Lifetime is our only hope!

Edited on 04/17/2008 12:34pm
    Edited 2 total times.

PiperPrueLover4

[3]Apr 23, 2008
    • level: 18
    I've never seen Golden Palace but I always wanted to. I'd just treat it like Golden Girls Season 8. Unfortunately I'm a latecomer to the show (having been 3 years old when Palace ended) so I never got to see any of it... the cable channels in Australia don't air it either.

I'll send Lifetime a message for you

millerem99

[4]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 51

I found Golden Palace disappointing. I was excited at first to have anything at all with the original cast, but the writing wasn't stellar, and somehow taking the girls out of their setting and putting them into a commercial environment didn't work either. I bet the show would have done better if they did have a Season 8 with everything much the same, minus Dorothy. If you think about it, there were several episodes in which she was absent or had a diminished role, and they were still funny. oh, well - too late now!

(Oh, yeah [warning GP SPOILER]...and I simply hated the fact that Miles opted to ditch Rose for another woman in the sequel series).

pamhalpert

[5]May 4, 2008
    • level: 14
    millerem99 wrote:

I found Golden Palace disappointing. I was excited at first to have anything at all with the original cast, but the writing wasn't stellar, and somehow taking the girls out of their setting and putting them into a commercial environment didn't work either. I bet the show would have done better if they did have a Season 8 with everything much the same, minus Dorothy. If you think about it, there were several episodes in which she was absent or had a diminished role, and they were still funny. oh, well - too late now!

(Oh, yeah [warning GP SPOILER]...and I simply hated the fact that Miles opted to ditch Rose for another woman in the sequel series).

I thought Don Cheadle was hilarious and carried alot of the weight of the show.