The Golden Girls Forums

NBC (ended 1992)

Golden Girls family tree

wgchief

[1]Jun 4, 2006
    • level: 6
    ITs so confusing only watching a few eppisodes.. becasue it seems like all the girls have like 50 kids .. and 20 uncles etc.. well im exagerating but can anyone put together their family tree?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boromirbeauty

[2]Jun 17, 2006
    • level: 61

I know that Dorothy has 1 brother and 1 sister. She also has two children, 1 boy and 1 girl.

On the show we saw that Rose has two sisters, although to hear her talk she has other siblings. I also recall seeing at least two different daughters, though it could have been different actresses playing the same part.  She named two, Bridget and Kirsten, but like I said, not sure if both appeared on the show.   I think that she also mentioned having at least one son.

Blanche has two sisters and one brother that appeared on the show. Then on Golden Palace we learned that she had another brother that she never talked about, making it 4 siblings. Her children situation is hazy. She has two daughters, Becky and Janet, but then has hinted to having at least 3 sons. I recall her naming Biff, Doug, and Skippy, in one episode. Not to say that there can't be more that she mentioned in this episode or other episodes.  Also, we know that one of Blanche's sisters had a daughter Lucy, who we saw in one episode.  And of course there was her uncle Lucas, who went on to marry Dorothy in the final episode. 

Sophia, we all know, has three children. Her number of siblings is much harder to determine. She had Angela, and it was said in one episode that they were the only two left of the original family, then suddenly there was Angelo. No mention was ever made of Angela again, as if they replaced the sister with a brother. Likely since they have similar names. Other relatives were mentioned, but it was never really clear how they were related.

As for grandchildren...aside from Aurora, Charly, and David (I believe that was his name-first season episode "On Golden Girls") it was never clear just how many there were since we didn't see them.

Edited on 06/17/2006 6:19pm
    Edited 2 total times.

boromirbeauty

[3]Jun 22, 2006
    • level: 61
    I was just watching the show and in the episode Rose said that her parents had 9 children.