The Golden Girls Forums

NBC (ended 1992)

Series Finale Episode

Random862

[1]Jan 19, 2006
    • level: 7
    Last month someone posted asking about the series finale ending. Apparently they were told by someone that the final show had clips from past shows, shown at the end.

I watched that show just now, and the ending was a clip of Dorothy and Lucas at the alter getting married. The credits ran over that.

As I remembered before, there were no clips from past shows.

I would also like to add that Dorothy's wedding dress was hideously ugly. I don't know what the costume department were thinking when they dressed her up in that thing. I mean what was with all of those giant loops!!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RoxieVelma

[2]Jan 27, 2006
    • level: 60
    I think, but could be wrong, that when the original episode aired on NBC it did include clips from past shows. Lifetime does sometimes cut snippits out of GG and The Golden Palace, so this could be one of them.

sgtpepper1985

[3]Jan 28, 2006
    • level: 14
    It would not surprise me if there was a clipshow at the end that lifetime just hacked out.

port5170

[4]Jan 29, 2006
    • level: 12
    I miss my show Dish net isn't showing lifetime wah

RipHer2Shreds

[5]Jan 30, 2006
    • level: 3
    Random862 wrote:
    I would also like to add that Dorothy's wedding dress was hideously ugly. I don't know what the costume department were thinking when they dressed her up in that thing. I mean what was with all of those giant loops!!!

Why are you shocked? All of Dorothy's outfits were hideous. Why should her wedding dress be any different?

charley28

[6]Feb 25, 2006
    • level: 66
    Yeah don't you remember, she's the mother of a solid gold dancer.

I think they may have done one of those quick flashes of memory lane. I've got the original episode taped when it ended in '92. I'll have to find it and check on it. Not quite sure but let me check.

RipHer2Shreds wrote:
    Random862 wrote:

Why are you shocked? All of Dorothy's outfits were hideous. Why should her wedding dress be any different?