The Golden Girls Forums

NBC (ended 1992)

Sisters Of The Bride

wheelrchair

[1]Jun 18, 2006
    • level: 15
    When Sophia is trying to help Blanche cope with the fact that her gay brother wants to get married, Sophia made a comment that surprised me, When Blanche asks why does he have to slip a ring on this guy's finger, and Sophia asks why did you marry George. I know the point was everyone wants someone to grow old with but i figured Sophia would been against the marriage too because Clayton was gay.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sgtpepper1985

[2]Jun 18, 2006
    • level: 14
    Remeber, Phil was a cross-dresser, so I do not think that that would bother her anyway! 

yuki_megami

[3]Jun 19, 2006
    • level: 24
    wheelrchair wrote:
    When Sophia is trying to help Blanche cope with the fact that her gay brother wants to get married, Sophia made a comment that surprised me, When Blanche asks why does he have to slip a ring on this guy's finger, and Sophia asks why did you marry George. I know the point was everyone wants someone to grow old with but i figured Sophia would been against the marriage too because Clayton was gay.

I doubt that she was aganist it.She keeps talking about her son being the cross dresser.I don't think she doesn't mind what Phil does.

dramafreezone

[4]Jun 28, 2006
    • level: 16

I guess it's a case of being more tolerant of people who are not your own family.  It was easy for Sophia to accept a gay marriage but she was never happy about her son Phil's cross dressing as she blamed herself and everyone else for 'the way he was'.

yuki_megami

[5]Jul 19, 2006
    • level: 24
    Yeah Sophia does blame herself for letting Phil be an crossdresser.That episode where Phil passed away.She confesses that feeling how she felt for Phil.Even though she did blame his wife for letting her to let Phil to do that.