The Golden Girls Forums

NBC (ended 1992)

"The President is coming.." question

boromirbeauty

[1]Sep 24, 2006
    • level: 61

In the beginning of this episode the girls invite the man from the secret service into the house.  He tells them that the president is thinking of stopping at their house because "there are four senior citizens" living there.  At this point the camera pans to Blanche and there is a lot of canned laughter, but nothing funny had been said.  For some reason I remember Blanche saying something like, "you mean three senior citizens and Me."  Or something along those lines.  Anyway, I thought that the scene had been cut short for syndication but when season 5 came out on DVD, the scene happened the exact same way.  

Does anyone else remember the scene being different?  Or maybe they only played the full scene in a flashback episode.  Does anyone know? 

Edited on 09/24/2006 2:20pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

telvisnostic

[2]Sep 25, 2006
    • level: 52
    I do not remember any flashbacks until he sat each of them down one by one and they told different stories.

boromirbeauty

[3]Sep 26, 2006
    What I meant is flashbacks in other episodes of this one.

telvisnostic

[4]Sep 26, 2006
    Not that I can recall.

boromirbeauty

[5]Sep 27, 2006
    If you get the chance to watch this episode, watch for the part in the beginning that I am talking about and let me know if you notice how there is laughter when nothing is said to warrant laughter.

telvisnostic

[6]Sep 28, 2006
    Ok, I will.

mediashark

[7]Oct 21, 2006
    • level: 6
    boromirbeauty wrote:

In the beginning of this episode the girls invite the man from the secret service into the house.  He tells them that the president is thinking of stopping at their house because "there are four senior citizens" living there.  At this point the camera pans to Blanche and there is a lot of canned laughter, but nothing funny had been said.  For some reason I remember Blanche saying something like, "you mean three senior citizens and Me."  Or something along those lines.  Anyway, I thought that the scene had been cut short for syndication but when season 5 came out on DVD, the scene happened the exact same way.  

Does anyone else remember the scene being different?  Or maybe they only played the full scene in a flashback episode.  Does anyone know? 

You are right!!!!!!! The scenes was cut short but in a rush to get the fifth season on DVD alot of the shows from the season had sceans cut. You are right about the Quote The man respons with something along the lines of the FBI knows her real age and then he comments on how hard it was for them to obtain then Balance says "Well you just keep it to yourself"

boromirbeauty

[8]Oct 21, 2006
    Yeah!!! I am so happy that someone else noticed it. Thanks so much for letting me know.