The Golden Girls Forums

NBC (ended 1992)

The Saddest Episode

Mtv67mike

[1]Aug 8, 2006
    • level: 2
    The Saddest Episode I Saw Of The Golden Girls Is The Very Last Episode "First To Leave The Cocos Nest 2" When Dorthy Sees That Stan Was The Limo Driver And Tries To Convincer Her Not To Leave Him And Remembers All The Good Times They Had With Sophia,Blanche,andRose. Also When The Girls Have To Leave The Home They Lived Together Foe Seven Years! It Was Soooooo Sad   . My Favorite Episode!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Monk10000

[2]Aug 15, 2006
    • level: 13
    Ya that was the saddest episode i agree

telvisnostic

[3]Aug 15, 2006
    • level: 52
    I think it was when Phil died.

chelimina

[4]Aug 17, 2006
    • level: 5

"Old Friends", when Sophia befriended the man with Alzheimer's was sad. The last epi was also sad.

Edited on 08/17/2006 12:05am

boromirbeauty

[5]Aug 19, 2006
    • level: 61
    chelimina wrote:

"Old Friends", when Sophia befriended the man with Alzheimer's was sad. The last epi was also sad.

To me that has to be the saddest one as well. Both my Grandparents suffered with Alzheimer's before they died so it is especially sad for me when I watch that one. I was watching it last night in fact, and when Sophia yells at the man for sitting on the bench at the end of the episode I got a tears in my eyes.

yuki_megami

[6]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 24
    The saddest episode was when Phil died,that episode where Sophie meets an old guy in the boardwalk,Blanche's Grandma Platantation and the final episode of Golden Girls those were the saddest

MTMFan

[7]Aug 25, 2006
    • level: 11
    I can't even watch the scene on the boardwalk in "Old Friends"! It's really quite moving. But the one that always gets me is the last episode. "You'll always be my sisters. Always." *Sniffle* And then Dorothy kept leaving and coming back, and then she didn't come back. That gets me every time.  

th77

[8]Nov 22, 2007
    • level: 24
    Dorothy's leaving

JavaJunkie4Life

[9]Dec 9, 2007
    • level: 25
    i've seen the last episode at least 6 or 7 times and it makes me cry everytime. when dorothy keeps leaving and coming back and then the look on the girls' faces when she doesn't..heartbreaking.

PiperPrueLover4

[10]Dec 15, 2007
    • level: 18
    You can pretty much guarantee that the last episode of any show will be the saddest episode.

millerem99

[11]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 51
    "Mrs. George Devereaux," the episode in which Blanche learns her secret admirer is her presumed-deceased husband, and then wakes up amid the swirling emotions to discover it was only a dream, is the saddest episode to me. Having a dream like that can be bittersweet...but oh, that moment when you open your eyes and realize it was only a dream.

Y2May17

[12]Jan 12, 2008

When Phil passes away. It's really sad when Sophia breaks down and says "My baby is gone."

kravitzfan12

[13]Feb 13, 2008
    • level: 34

I agree that the last episode, the one where Phil dies and the one with Sophia on the boardwalk are sad. Sophia on the boardwalk is one of my favorites.

The saddest episode for me was "Not Another Monday", where Sophia's friend Martha Lamont wants to commit suicide. As much as I love that episode, the scene in Martha's living room with the pill bottle always makes me sad, as well as somewhat scared. Awesome episode all the same.

notpictured

[14]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 8

Another sad moment: The flashback where Rose is sitting at home in Minnesota, a year after Charlie's death, and talks to an empty chair.

kravitzfan12

[15]Apr 16, 2008
    I just recently watched the season 4 episode "Brother Can You Spare That Jacket". The whole of the episode isn't sad, but that last couple of minutes, and the song "Brother Can You Spare a Dime" plays always gets me.

tb485

[16]Apr 16, 2008
    • level: 8
    The two where Sophia cries (Old Friends and Ebbtide's Revenge) are definitely the saddest but the ending of Miles To Go gets me every time. The ladies just stand and stare as Miles exits.

InstantClubHits

[17]Jun 19, 2008

kravitzfan12 wrote:
    The saddest episode for me was "Not Another Monday", where Sophia's friend Martha Lamont wants to commit suicide. As much as I love that episode, the scene in Martha's living room with the pill bottle always makes me sad, as well as somewhat scared. Awesome episode all the same.

YES! That episode was terribly sad...and definetely one of the best Sophia episodes. And I love how they balanced death w/ life (the baby)...good contrast. There's quite a few, but that's mine because it's talking about a woman in so much pain she just wants to die, and Sophia saves her life...very moving

Sweeeaaaterrr

[18]Jun 22, 2008
    • level: 15
    Every single episode and scene mentioned in this topic is really sad for me. I love watching moving and emotional episodes/movies. They're like sooo sweet and beautiful! My best friend loves them even more than me and she loves those episodes. They're really beautiful.

tootbuc69

[19]Jul 28, 2008
    • level: 1
    Too many episodes to pick one. For me, the saddest was the one with Sophia and Alvin at the beach. That empty bench at the end of the show is heart wrenching. How bout the funny episodes. Love when she is buying the nectarine and is trying to pick a good one, the grocer says they are all good, and she says she has a bowl of wax bananas at home that will be ripe before the nectarines will. Love when she babysat Dreyfuss and he ran away and she got another dog, then Dreyfuss comes back, too funny. The episode where the couple wanted her to take the wife's place, because she was dying. Great logic on Sophia's part. Love the one where they went to the guy's house whose daughter was pregnant and she was staying with the girls. Love when the Doberman came out. The look on Sophia's face was priceless. We could go on forever. Sophia was the glue in this sitcom. When they needed that special and unique brand of humor or sadness, Sophia was the answer. Great lady, she will be missed. I am having a terrible time knowing that Bea, Betty and Rue did not show up at the funeral. That to me is terrible. No excuse will do, she was your friend, you go pay your last respects. I gave them more credit, than they deserve after doing that. The last good bye is very important, I believe that helps with closure. Apparently they don't have that problem. God bless, Sophia (Estelle).

kravitzfan12

[20]Jul 28, 2008

Where did you find out that the other Golden Girls didn't go to the funeral.

Do you have a link, etc. I would like to read / see it!