The Golden Girls Forums

NBC (ended 1992)

what other endings would u have liked?

floberdobdob

[1]Nov 30, 2005
    • level: 9
    i would have liked to have seen dorothy attempt to get married, but then stay behind because of the girls, and have u left with the fact that they stuck together.

thank you girls, for being my friends!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

port5170

[2]Nov 30, 2005
    • level: 12
    Yes.. I wish that Dorothy would not have married, and the girls stuck it out forever... but i guess it had to end some how... Liked Golden Palace too.. but missed Dorothy...

sgtpepper1985

[3]Dec 3, 2005
    • level: 14
    I would have liked it if it never ended!!! But then, they would probably have to kill Sofia off because Estelle has alzheimers and she would probably slow down production.

skippydevereaux

[4]Dec 4, 2005
    • level: 2
    I always thought it would have been funny to have Vicki Lawrence become the new "Golden Girl". Have her come as her most famous character, Thelma Harper, and when Blanche and Rose see her, they tell her that she reminds them of someone, but they just don't know who.
    Would be a little inside joke to see all three women from "Mama's Family" join up for the last few minutes of "The Golden Girls".

sgtpepper1985

[5]Dec 18, 2005
    skippydevereaux wrote:
    I always thought it would have been funny to have Vicki Lawrence become the new "Golden Girl". Have her come as her most famous character, Thelma Harper, and when Blanche and Rose see her, they tell her that she reminds them of someone, but they just don't know who.
    Would be a little inside joke to see all three women from "Mama's Family" join up for the last few minutes of "The Golden Girls".

Viki Lawrance Could be a GG! She has the attitude!!!

port5170

[6]Dec 18, 2005
    • level: 12
    That would of been cool, so many actresses could of been right for the show, but really it was best left as it was...

sgtpepper1985

[7]Jan 4, 2006
    I just recently thought that if Susan Harris's creations, such as SOAP, Empty Nest, and Benson could somehow unite in the end of the series, it would have been interesting. Mary and Jessica could easily have been distant cousins of Rose or Dorothy and Sophia, Burt could be Dr. Weston's identical twin cousin, and Benson could have just been there visiting Rose or Dorothy to get advice. Maybe we could throw in Mama's Family into the mix as well.

goldengirl1

[8]Jul 1, 2012
    • level: 1

I would not change the ending. It was nice that Dorothy finally got her Prince and the chance for a good marriage. The other girls had good marriages when they were younger. Dorothy deserved a happy ending after all that she had been threw.