The Golden Girls Forums

NBC (ended 1992)

Your Least Favorite

Which of the 4 GG's are your least Favorite Character

wheelrchair

[21]Oct 7, 2007
    • level: 15
    Actually I loved them all.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HallowHearted

[22]Oct 17, 2007
    • level: 2
    My least favorite Golden Girl was George Grizzard. I'm happy to hear of his passing.

zoloft3000

[24]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 3
    i love them all

stellarchick86

[25]May 18, 2008
    • level: 32
    I liked them all but I guess Id have to chose Rose. She got annoying at times. But I still love all 4 of them, especially Sophia and Blanche they could always crack me up!

Belinda_k

[26]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 4
    millerem99 wrote:

Wow, I am amazed at the response. Iam the only one on here who finds Dorothy's character abbrasive and acerbic. Don't get me wrong, the character itself was essential to the show, and her lines are among thebest insults delivered...I am surprised how much viewers like her and identify with her, though. She's so awkward and manly, overbearing and schmaltzy.

She's also the born loser of the four, the one who can't get a date, the one who's known for brains and not beauty, the one who seeks attention from losers: a manipulative former teacher, a burned out Beatlemania impersonator and her cheating,boorish ex-husband. She has wit but little charm. Even her wedding dress with its loopy ribbons in her farewell episode I thought was just the kind of tacky abomination suited for her character.

Ah, well...a chacun son gut.To each his own.

I couldn't agree with you more. She was my least favourite by far, actually, I didn't really like her character at all.

I accidently voted Blanch thinking it said favourite character, but Dorothy is who I would've voted as least favourite.

Belinda

BlueBanana92

[27]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 4

I don't like Blanche at all, sorry.

Dorothy and Sophias sarcasm is one of the reasons I love the show and Rose is just too funny

InstantClubHits

[28]Jun 19, 2008
    • level: 5
    I'd say Dorothy, only cause there's no other option. She was kind of the stick in the mud....don't get me wrong, I LOVED her and she was hilarious....but out of all the girls she's my least. I'm amazed that Blanche is the least liked...she was so saucy, outrageous and hilarious. Until Golden Palace...in GP she was trying to be the Dorothy...mean, strickt and she lost all her flare. But ah well.