The Golden Girls

Guess Who's Coming to the Wedding?

Aired Unknown Sep 21, 1985 on NBC

• Dorothy's daughter is getting married and Stan comes to the wedding despite Dorothy's hatred for him.

A good episode with lots of laughs. We really see Dorothy's sarcastic side as she tries to put up with Stan. Sophia is right on, and we start to see the girls really caring for each other. Blanche starts to show herself as the sexy one and Rose starts to show herself as not so bright!
    The interaction of Dorothy and Stan is great. The first thing Dorothy does is slam the door in his face. We all know it won't be the last time!Also the first time we see Dorothy do one of her little speeches where she sticks up for herself.
    For the second episode in the series, the show is starting to come together. It's funny to see how different the girls look and some of the changes in the house. Blanche's bedroom eventually becomes the lanai and all the bedrooms end up down the hall. Guess I've seen these shows a few (hundred!) times.
  • Dorthy's daughter Kate is getting married.

Dorthy daughter Kate is getting married to an doctor.Which Dorthy is excited about of course.So her daughter is coming over to visit and also for Dorthy to meet Kate's fiance.Also Dorthy plans to have Kate and her fiance David to marry at Miami.Dorthy didn't know that David was an foot doctor of course.Also Kate also wanted to invite her father aka Dorthy's ex husband.Altough Dorthy,didn't really want that to happened.But she must try to get along with her husband.This is of course Rose and Blanche first meeting with Stan.

Pretty good episode.I mean it was an start of seeing Stan of course.
  • Dorothy doesn't think she can stand Stan at Kate's wedding.

6.2
    It was an episode that was funny, but wouldn't have hurt the series if they never made it. To me, I think that it was more sad to realize what Stan did to Dorothy and to watch her deal with it. I do have to say there was one funny part, and that was when Dorothy pulled his toupe out from under her at the very end. That was pretty funny. Other than that, this is just an average episode.
  • Dorothy's daughter Kate is going to be married to a doctor--a foot doctor. She forces Dorothy to invite Stan (her ex-husband) to the wedding. Dorothy reluctantly agrees to do so. However, she doesn't know if she can make it through the ceremony and the re

This is the first of many episodes to be written by Winifred Hervey. It is cleverly acted and the plot itself is fantastic. Paul Bogart used some great camera angles. For the first time (though not necessarily in production order), we are treated to a bit of Sophia's advice. Intersting, but funny nonetheless. A must see.