The Golden Girls

Henny Penny -- Straight, No Chaser

Aired Unknown May 04, 1991 on NBC

• Very funny

I love the part when Dorothy say *Help* LOL.
  • funny

this is one of the funniest ever, the whole idea taht rose doesn't want to do the play because Henny Penny dies, I know all the words to the song, I don't care how many times I see this episode, I laugh,, the costumes are great too Dorothy as Turkey Lurky and Blanche as Goosey Loosey.. classicly acted
  • It was silly but FUNNY

The only wierd part about of the espisode was the girls filled in place of the kids but they had "kids" watching it. I think but who knows. It was so well written and typical of Rose to react to the ending of the play like that. Almost refusing to do it.
    Rose tried to have a Peter Pan ending to have the audience save the chickens like Tinkerbell. Which I liked it alot. it helped make this espisode enjoyable.
    I love this show and this episode alot and mostly due to the writing and REGARDLESS of the goofs.
    :) I can't wait for this Season on DVD
  • The sky is falling! The Sky is falling!

While reading the newspaper.There it read that Blanche is dead.Even though she isn't.Meanwhile the kids who were suppose to be part of Henny Penny.They all ended up getting sick.So she recasted Rose as the new Henny Penny.And Blanche as Goosy loosy.Herself as Turkey Lurkey.Blanche gets an letter and flower from Mel Bushman which says how sorry that her death came so he was going back to his ex-wife.When Rose read the ending of Henny Penny.She refuse to do it.What Charlie has told her or taught is not polite to peek.So in the end the play start and ended great.
  • It's almost spring break, and Dorothy is planning a children's production of Henny Penny to get kids interested in reading. When the children get sick, the girls must be the characters--but Rose becomes a threat to the future of the play when she insists

I have never cared for this episode. Though it does have some bits of humor, the episode in its entirety is just "too silly" and not very believable. It's hard to imagine Rose never reading Henny Penny before, and although her disappointment is understandable, her overreaction to it is not.
  • This is my least favorite season six episode.

1.5
    Because this episode aired out of order, "Never Yell Fire in a Crowded Retirement Home" was meant to be the season finale. However, this was pushed back and aired as a finale instead and didn't seem fitting. I just thought it was silly and completely out of character. The only good part was seeing Rose being against seeing them die in the play. That was the only decent part.