The Golden Girls

Hey, Look Me Over

Aired Unknown Sep 21, 1991 on NBC

• Blanche slept with Charlie. . .or did she?

It was great to see that Blanche's initials spell BED, even though in the previous season her middle name was Marie. It was great to see that Sophia could hear better than Dorothy and that Dorothy had the hearing loss. Although this wasn't the highest rated season, it was still great.
  • Season 7, Episode 1.

This episode is a great season opener. It is so marvelous! I'm surprised it wasn't included in the Nielson top 10, and was only at 30. Regardless, it is still good. The Blanche sleeping with Charlie storyline was pretty funny. I was a little surprised, especially by the little crucifixion reference, with Dorothy's arms out under the Christmas banner. Blanche in bed with all those things was funny, but they were just double exposures and Blanche never slept with Charlie. Dorothy needing a hearing aid was a little unexpected, but it's about time. I can't believe Bea Arthur would want to leave this masterpiece!
  • Rose calls Blanche a moraless, emotionally needy man-leech with an airbag in her headboard

Lovin' this episode! I think it's one of the series best. Every moment is a laugh... from Dorothy's helping Rose with her insults to Blanche, to Sophia making fun of Dorothy after she finds out she needs a hearing aid ("She said What do you think this makes me feel like???") Oh my god, so funny! I also love the scenes at the beginning where Sophia is pretending she can't hear to get to Dorothy. Terrific performance by Estelle Getty throughout this entire episode. There are so many moments that just make me crack up like crazy! It's funny from start to finish. And it's nice that it works out in the end that Blanche didn't really sleep with Charlie. Actually, I can't think of a single scene is this episode I don't like, which is rare. What a great gem to start the seventh season!
  • Forget about the inconsistent storyline, this is just funny comedy

Blanche you've landed on your back more times than...the American gladiators
    You've been under more drunken sailors than....a nautical toilet
    Two of my favourite lines that highlight Rose' frustrations at Blanche who thinks she slept with Charlie. This episode really had a lot of funny one liners that the show has really become famous for.
    Dorothy wants Sophia to get a hearing aid and ends up getting one her self, which depressess Dorothy Rose to Dorothy : Beethoven was also deaf, so you'll be hearing it the way he wrote it.
    Hilarious
    Estelle Getty's frailness is really evident in the final season, however it doesn't limit her ability to deliver a fantastic one liner 'Don't look at me, Rose is the one going through the change. Good Season Opener