The Golden Girls

It's a Miserable Life

Aired Unknown Nov 01, 1986 on NBC

• Rose tells the neighbor that she hates to drop dead.Which she did.

Rose and the others begin to work on petitions to save the oak tree.Unfortunelly Rose had trouble from getting one person to sign the petition which is Freida Clastin.The most hated neighbor in the neighborhood.Who refuse to signed since she support them cutting the tree.But she only signed it to get the danished.While at court Rose gets mad at her and told her to drop dead.When she drop dead for real.The girls decided to throw an funernal service for her.But nobody came.Since they hate her.So unfortunelly her body became ashes.So everything is left unsaid.The only thing that was funny when they were talking about the funeral.Blanche begin to mention that she died once.

Sophia: So what had we been talking about?

Dorthy: I don't really know.First we were talking Fredia clackstin.Than somewhere along the line we ended up talking about Blanche the mini series.
  • Rose tells a mean old woman to drop dead. . .and she does.

I think this was a hilarious episode for not only Rose, but the rest of the girls. They all learned that every life has meaning. I thought it was very funny that Rose felt so guilty about what she did, but was funny at the same time. I loved it when Sophia said that Rose's share should be about half because she killed her. This is a class episode!
  • Hey Puh-feiffer, how would you like a punch in your puh-face? (This episode rocks!)

This episode is one of the best in the series. Frieda Claxton is hysterically funny even though she doesn't appear on screen very much. ("How can you hate a living thing?....I hate you!") I love the scene at the funeral home with Mr. Pffiefer... Sophia is so funny here! The best part of the episode is at the end when you think for a few moments that it's going to end with Frieda Claxton ending up having been a good person, and then you find out that her one "friend" was actually talking about someone else. I love the way that Dorothy says "WHO???" It cracks me up every single time. It's cool how Rose manages to bring 'meaning' to Frieda's life after all, although kind of in a pathetic way. Anyway it works. Love love love this episode.
  • This episode reuses the same two rooms for upcoming episodes.

Golden Girls is a very popular show. Many things do get revealed over time. I find it interesting how some of the places they go to, are reused in upcoming episodes. I am not talking, revisiting in the same episode, unless it is a 2-parter or it is an episode realating to another later in the series. I'm sure you know what I mean. The funeral home, where the girls pick out Mrs. Claxton's cascet is the same building where Michael and Lorraine have their wedding in the next season. Plus, the room where Mrs. Claxton's funeral is held is the same room for Fidel's funeral in season four. I find it interesting that they reuse the same buildings in future episodes.
  • Sophia teaches the girl's to respect life, no matter how wretched it was

When Rose loses her temper at mean old lady claxton she tells her to drop dead, which unfortunately for Rose, she does and then rose gets even more upset when its revealed claxton isn't going to have a funeral as she had no friends or family. What i enjoyed about this episode is its originality. The p fipher was such brillant writing that still has me laughing

Blanche's story about faking her own death so that the town would pay for 'valuing my personality over my perfect body' is hilarious character development.

What i like about the girls is that God isn't forgotten. He is discussed and affects the girls' decisions.

I like the ending, that even though it seemed that claxton had no meaning in her life, Rose found a meaning and i was glad for her