The Golden Girls

Mister Terrific

Aired Unknown Apr 30, 1988 on NBC

7.3
  • One of my least favorite episodes.

1.4
    The whole episode was ridiculous. Rose dates a children\'s TV star and Dorothy steals his job. Knowing Dorothy, why would she take such a childish job? Then the idea of seeing them hanging from the ledge was just absolutely ridiculous. Even the part about Blanche\'s bed wasn\'t funny. However, if reworked the bed story should have been the main story and with a little work the episode could have been better than it was.
  • Rose dates Mr. Terrific, a man who has his own kids tv-show. Dorothy, who is looking for work, gets hired by Mr. Terrific, but inadvertantly gets Mr. Terrific fired when the producers like her better.

Mr. Terrific is silly, but he's believable as the type of man Rose would date. The episode features more of the kids show itself than some viewers may like but it's not that bad. Blanche has also bought a new bed but is delivered the wrong one, and she struggles with whether or not to return it. Nothing major really happened with this episode. It ends happily with Mr. Terrific being re-hired. I assume they no longer dated, as we never see or hear about him again, so this episode wasn't vital to the show but still not an entirely bad episode.
  • C'mon guys, it's actually quite funny...

I'm honestly not sure why everyone knocks this episode so much... It never seemed that bad to me. Yeah, it's a little lame, but it's still funny. Mr. Terrific is an incredibly pathetic character, but that's what's so funny about it. Classic scene where the puppet insults Dorothy while she's on camera. I love how she grabs his mouth and then he says "Yeah right, like that's really going to shut me up." Hysterical! The "publicity stunt" at the end is the only part I don't like. I wish they'd found some other way to resolve it, but it's not horrible. And the scene at the end where Blanche gets "arrested" for stealing the better bed is priceless. I really feel like this episode is seriously underrated.
  • Season 3, Episode 24.

This was an OK episode. There was nothing special about it. The plot was OK, the script was OK, from what I saw. I didn't watch the whole episode because I was on the phone talking. I liked that Dorothy interfered with someone else's job again, and she got Mister Terrific fired after the crew liked her recommendations and suggestions, but Mister Terrific himself didn't. Also, Mister Terrific is dating Rose! Haha. Not bad at all. I kinda liked that scene where they were both hanging, although it is so weird and I was waiting for him to drop her, even though I knew it wouldn't happen. Decent episode, which I overrated because the show is usually a lot better than this.