The Golden Girls

One Flew Out of the Cuckoo's Nest (2)

Aired Unknown May 09, 1992 on NBC

• "...Cuckoo's Nest" is one of those episodes that reminds you to be grateful of what you have, for one day you might not have it again.

Both parts of the episode "One Flew Out of the Cuckoo's Nest" are amazing, yet sad episodes from this wonderful series. Though the final season of The Golden Girls wasn't necessarily top-notch, these final episodes keep everything in place the way it was from day one. Though the episode is somber, all of the classic personalities still manage to show through as always. The premise of the episode, the "we're-in-love-but-not-really-but-now-we-are" concept is not one widely used, but this show really pulled it off. My favorite moment of this classic certainly has to be at the end, when all the girls are having their final hugs, and they realize Dorothy isn't coming back. Obviously, she'll show up again on The Golden Palace, but this episode will require a box of Kleenex. The ending to this episode is perfect, as a Polaroid of the girls eating cheesecake develops. This episode just helps prove that not all series finales have to be bad.