The Golden Girls

One For the Money

Aired Unknown Sep 26, 1987 on NBC

• One of my favorite episodes of one of my favorite shows.

Nearly every episode of the Golden Girls was memorable (save that awful one which was supposed to be a pilot to a different show, ugh), but this episode DEFINES the word 'classic'. The scene that stuck out most to me, and likely several other people, was the unforgettable moment where Rose, Blanche, and Dorothy were singing the 'chicken song' to make their work a little less boring. I'll never forget it... 'gonna take the chicken DOWN to Mississippi!' Anyway, this is one of the strongest episodes in the entire series, and I would highly recommend it to any budding fan. This, along with 'The Way We Met', are the standout, '10-ranked' episodes of the series (in my opinion).
  • Mostly a flashback episode.

6.2
    I am not a fan of flashback episodes, and therefore this is not one of my favorite episodes. The only part that I found mildly amusing was the dance contest. Other than that, this was mainly a filler episode which really didn't do anything for the series. I don't think the show would have suffered without it.
  • It seems that whenever the production was running a little bit behind schedule, they would sit the girls down for a five minute conversation, throw a bunch of old clips in it and call it an episode.

For as much as I love Golden Girls, I winced just a minute into this episode. "Oh, no" it's one of those clip shows that Golden Girls is famous for. It seems that whenever the production was running a little bit behind schedule, they would sit the girls down for a five minute conversation, throw a bunch of old clips in it and call it an episode. There is nothing happening in this episode exept stuff we have already seen and there is nothing more annoying than that except for the fact that Golden Girls seems to do it way too often. This episode, however, is not a complete bust. We do get good flashbacks of Dorothy and Sophia in Brooklyn, which is one of my favorite things. Overall, this episode is just average, and one I'd rather pass on.