The Golden Girls

NBC (ended 1992)

boechsner

The Golden Girls Fan Reviews (168)

• A staple of 1980s sitcoms.

The Golden Girls (1985-92) is one of the best sitcoms of the 1980s. When it first aired in 1985, I knew this show was going to be a success. The writing, acting, and direction was simply wonderful. The characters are well drawn. Dorothy Zbornak, Rose Nylund, Blanche Elizabeth Devereaux (yes it spells BED) and Sophia Petruillo are all iconic TV characters that will never be forgotten. My personal favorite characters are Rose and Sophia. However, I also like Dorothy and Blanche.

I am happy to own all 7 Seasons of the Golden Girls. I love all seven seasons of this wonderful sitcom. Here is my star rankings of each season, one star to four stars (best): Season one***1/2, Seasons 2-4****, Season 5-6***1/2 and Season 7***. I am hoping that they release Golden Palace (1992-3). I consider this show as Season 8 because it is a part of the Golden Girls universe. Speaking of which, I hope Empty Nest (1988-1995) and Nurses (1991-4) will be released on DVD. RIP to the wonderfully talented Estelle Getty, Beatrice Arthur and Rue McClanahan. You all are sorely missed. God bless you all and thank you for being a friend...