The Golden Girls

Second Motherhood

Aired Unknown Feb 15, 1986 on NBC

• Some of my favourite one liners

'Come on Dorothy, if the Egpytians built the pyramids, we can move this toilet'
    'Fine get me 20,000 hebrews and I'll have it out of here in no time'
    Oh that line just floored me. Dorothy is so DRY!!! The episode centers around Blanche courting with a rich man, and Dorothy and Rose attempting to install a toilet. However the storyline matters line, as the funny liners
    Sophia: 'Dorothy I owe you an apology about you not knowing anything about Plumbing, you're a genius...i go into the living room and there's a toilet in front of the television. Its an old ladies dream come true'
    I love Sophia
    B: How can I say no to the men I love, I can't even say no to the men I like'
    R: As Blanche is about to tell Dorothy something romantic her BF said 'Our biggest worry will be tank sweat'

GE
  • And that's when it hit me, we don't even need our sludge tube!

I like this episode a lot. It's nice to see Blanche being swept off her feet by a man that charming and it's touching how she chooses not to marry him to allow him to maybe spend more time with his kids. One does wonder why a man that age has kids so young (especially since they apparently don't have a mother) but I guess it could happen. Really though my favorite thing about this episode is the side plot with Dorothy and Rose trying to install the toilet. That is hysterical! Highlight: When Sophia talks about how much she loves the idea having a toilet in front of the TV! Also where Blanche tries to bring Richard into the house and sees Rose sitting on the toilet. Haha! I like the plumber, too. It's funny how they keep getting rid of him. I'd say this is probably one of the better episodes from the first season.
  • Pretty good episode

This is a pretty good story, with a couple of highlights. One is Blanche,flopping around in the seat on the plane. So funny, it reminds you of how great an actress Rue McClanahan was on the show.
    The second is the appearance of Lou the plumber, who shows up next season, as Mr. HaHa, which is one of the funniest scenes of the entire series. Here he's a funny plumber who gets the door slammed on him by Dorothy. The whole plumbing story with Dorothy and Rose is a good one and Sophia's comment about an old lady's dream and a toilet in the living room is really funny.