The Golden Girls

Sick and Tired (2)

Aired Unknown Sep 30, 1989 on NBC

• Dorothy feeling helpless that doctors find nothing wrong with her that leaves her to believe that she could be dying. Blanche continues her romance novel, which leaves her in state of delirium and.

This episode of The Golden Girls is my all time favorite episode. Sick and Tired is one of the best written episodes of the series. In honor of Rue's passing, this episode stands out as her best performance as Blanche. Blanche stumbling into the kitchen after 72 hours without sleep and spouting off how she wrote the romance novel to end all romance novels, then comes to the island and see's the egg yolks in the bag from Rose's omelette's. Blanche's lines from there on are on of best ever to come out of a comedians mouth. The whole delirium is some of the best comedic performance that any comedian could want to aspire to, it ranks up to the comedy gold of Lucy or to the even zanier antics of Carol Burnett. Thank you Rue for being are friends and giving us a character that we well always love forever.