The Golden Girls

Sisters of the Bride

Aired Unknown Jan 12, 1991 on NBC

• Rose's funniest scene in the entire show, in my opinion, is right here.

This is not an episode that most people would probably think of as a good one to have as an all time favorite, but it definitely is for me. This is one of those episodes where you really never get to catch your breath between laughs because the funny stuff just keeps coming and coming... The plot itself (Blanche's brother getting married) is not that funny a subject, but the jokes are just precious. To name a couple... "I'm think I'm doing a pretty good job covering how upset I am"..."Like how you started sobbing at dinner when Clayton asked for more fruit cocktail?" and "Oh look, they're skipping!... OH GAWD!" Funniest line right there.

But what really makes this one of my favorite episodes is the side plot with Rose and the volunteer award. If I had to pick a single funniest scene from the entire series, Rose making a fool out of herself at the banquet when she doesn't win would be a top contender. "She doesn't need that on her mantle... SHE'S on her mantle!!" Oh my God, I never stop laughing at that. This is Rose's competitive nature at its absolute most hysterical. The whole thing is utter genius, and I'd never get tired of watching it. This is the show at its best, and in its sixth season, too. You have to love it!