The Golden Girls

Snap Out Of It

Aired Unknown Oct 13, 1990 on NBC

• Dorothy tries to bring a man into the 90s.

It was great to see Dorothy with the man who thought they had a relationship. It was still sad to see that he hadn't been around people in so many years. It was also hilarious to see how Blanche's records had been sealed and that her age couldn't be found. This was a great season six installment.
  • Dull, dull... and more dull

"Mediocre" is really a very good description for this episode. Its major problem is that it's really boring. The storyline is incredibly stupid. Jimmy the character is dull at best, pathetically unfunny at worst. It doesn't make me the slightest bit interested in whether or not he ever comes out of his room, which means the whole episode is kind of pointless. The side plot is also very dull, and it's inconsistent. We know from Season 2's "A Piece of Cake" that Dorothy and Rose have thrown Blanche at least two surprise parties in the past, so they clearly knew when her birthday was already. But I guess we could overlook that if the plot was interesting but it definitely isn't. Still, the episode is watchable, more so than some, although I wouldn't watch it frequently because it's boring enough as it is.