The Golden Girls

The Custody Battle

Aired Unknown Dec 07, 1985 on NBC

• Rose as Lady MacBeth

I had to read MacBeth in Senior English. I cannot picture sweet innocent goody two shoes rose as a vicious murderer. I think Gloria was wrong to try to bribe Sophia into coming to California. But I guess in a way Sophia is lucky as how most children fight over who is stuck taking in a n older realtive and they were fighting because they both wanted her. One thing I noticed in this episode gloria seemed a lot younger than she did in the later episode. In this one you can tell that she is younger than Dorothy but in the other one she seems older than Dorothy but that\'s just my opinion.
  • A very sweet episode

7.9
    The whole plot line where Rose got the part instead of Blanche WOULD have worked, had the play been anything other than Lady Macbeth! There is no way Rose would be able to pull off the malicious, calculating, evil wife of Macbeth!

I liked all of Sophia's "Except Bill" lines and how the gifts she was going to give everyone when she thought she was moving were really their own things.

Dorothy and Gloria's relationship was a little too sappy for my taste. The only time Dorothy said anything negative to her was when she was mad because of the issue with Sophia. They could have gone with slightly less corniness!
  • Gloria wants Sophia all to herself.

It was great seeing just how much Sophia means to Dorothy despite all the meddling Sophia does in her life. I didn't enjoy however, watching Blanche and Rose fight for the part in Macbeth. It had the potential to be funny, if they had done more with it. However, it was just being mentioned amongst the whole situation with Sophia and Gloria. All in all this was a good season one episode.
  • Dorthy vs her sister Gloria

Dorthy sister Gloria comes to visit her and Sophia.When Dorthy and Sophia fought and Dorthy told her that Sophia should give her some space.When Gloria asked Sophia,if she would live in California.She said yes.Blanche is mad at Rose for taking the part as Lady Macbeth.Dorthy is upset that Sophia is moving to California.She recalls when she was little Gloria is Sophia's favorite and Dorthy wasn't.However Gloria explained things and above all that Dorthy is her favorite.

An great episode all about sister love.