The Golden Girls

The Housekeeper

Aired Unknown Oct 17, 1987 on NBC

• The girls hire a black housekeeper.

4.2
    I personally don't like the storyline. Sophia barely appears in it at all and the other girls fear that the housekeeper has put a curse on them. The whole episode was a bitsilly and there was no need for it to even be written. Out of all seven seasons, season three was by far my least favorite.
  • Thank heavens for Sophia!

7.1
    This episode is one of those that's just ok... there's nothing particularly bad about it, but nothing that good either. I kind of find Marguerite's accent annoying, but that's not why it's not great. I just don't feel that there's very much funny about it... until the end when Sophia gets back. I love how Dorothy sternly and fearfully tells her not to say anything to Marguerite, and she comes right out of the kitchen and says "So what's this crap about you putting on a curse on my daughter?" Also the "What is this, the Miss Black America contest?" line. And then, after Marguerite leaves... "Anything else you want me to clear up for you?" I think Sophia is what saves this episode from being pretty terrible.