The Golden Girls

The Operation

Aired Unknown Feb 08, 1986 on NBC

• dorothy has to have a foot operation, and is less than thrilled

What i like about this episode is that its an all round episode. Every character has there moments. Dorothy is quite funny when she's angry. She really doesn't care about those around her and can be as frank as sophia. 'Hate to break it to you bonnie, you're in a hospital the exercises aren't working' Blanche also has her moment when she tells rose the story about how she wet her self. Quite funny and appreciated by the audience.

It was also good to see extras who were credible actors. The doctor who performed the surgery was actually quite funny. The priest who gave the last rites delivered his lines beautifully and the woman who shared dorothy's room was quite touching with her little monologue.
  • Dorothy's dancing is compromised by a small tumor in her foot.

I didn't really find the story about Dorothy's operation funny. The only part I found funny was when the priest thought she was sleeping with Mr. Ferguson in his bed. However, it was touching when Dorothy realized that her surgery was pretty trivial compared to the woman who was sharing the room with her. It was quite beautiful when Dorothy stated she feels like ". . .a fool. A damn fool." I absolutely enjoyed the tap dancing story. I loved the first number they did in the living room and then when we learn that Blanche is afraid of crowds. Great episode!