The Golden Girls

What a Difference a Date Makes

Aired Unknown Mar 23, 1991 on NBC

• Don't worry tomorrow morning ill tell him he was the worst lover i ever had

This is without a doubt the best episode of the 6th season. I love it. I watch it time after time.
    I like the scene were Rose had Blanche's sensible meal. Especially Dorothy's story about her weight loss through sex diet. 'DID IT WORK'
    DOROTHY:I GAINED 19 POUNDS
    Stan lolz

I also have to say that Dorothy had every reason to be mad a Sophia. Why did she not tell her. Dorothy is a pretty understanding person
    It's pretty understandable why Dorothy was angry
    I mean to think something like being stood up for the prom could almost dictate your life....if you want to look at it that way.

I also love the red wedding dress blanche wore. 'I could live with the snickers but me in a white dress even i couldn't keep a straight face'
    Brillant best ep of the season 6
  • ...Babbling bubble-headed bleach blonde baboon!

This is a very funny episode, aside from the fact that it makes me feel so sorry for Dorothy. Sophia sure could be a jerk... She should've told Dorothy the truth. It wasn't fair to let her go her whole life thinking she was stood up at prom, can't imagine that... But anyway, it's a very well written episode, quite hilarious and chock-full of humorous moments. I love the scene where Dorothy and John are at the medieval restaurant ("How is the pheasant?"..."It's chicken, do you like chicken?") Ha! And when the minstral starts singing the theme song to Gilligan's Island, I ALWAYS crack up. That is great stuff! Not to mention the side plot of Blanche going on a diet. LOVE the scene where Blanche loses it because Rose ate her sensible meal. The whole thing is so classic!
  • The man who stood Dorothy up at the prom returns.

Sophia could have come off as very mean and vindictive here, considering how often she tells Dorothy that she never goes out. However, her reasons for turning John Naretti away were so pure. She told him to go away because she didn't think he was good enough for Dorothy. I really loved the part at the end when Dorothy sits on her lap. That was beautiful. This is a perfect episode!