The Golden Palace

CBS (ended 1993)

RoxieVelma

The Golden Palace Fan Reviews (23)

• 9 out of 10 stars for a decent spin-off of a priceless classic show.

My only problem with this show is that I think that they could've done better on the plot line for the series (instead of buying the hotel, they look for a new roommate, and it shows how they live after Dorothy gets married, etc.). Other than that, I find it mildly interesting. Rose gets dumber, Sophia gets 'wiser', and Blance gets, well...."younger"! The new characters introduced in this series are OK. Roland adds humor (not to mention he makes everyone else look dumb, especially Rose, which I thoght wasn't possible!). Chuy Castillos is your typical chef. He spends a lot of time in the kitchen. Chuy is very stubborn no matter what you try to get him to do, whether it be walking across a bed of hot coals to face your fears, or cook italian food, Chuy always argues! Then there's little Oliver, Roland's foster son, who is always looking for either trouble or an adventure. Unfortunatley, Oliver's real mother gets out of prison and is ready to take him back from Roland, Chuy, and the girls. Just as in "The Golden Girls", Sophia is still my favorite character! This show is recommended to any die-hard "Golden Girls" fan!