The Good Guys Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Episode 8 Discussion Thread: Thoughts on "Silvio's Way"

KurtPikachu2001

[1]Jul 27, 2010
    • level: 11

Guess there's no new episode thread, yet. So, I'll take the liberty to do it!

I am very impressed of how The Good Guys has turned out! I loved this episode! Dan's Marlon Brando-like accent kept me in stitches! 'Fuhgeddadboudit'! And I liked how it was revealed that it Dan meet those mobsters 7 years before! The Drugstore Cowboys plot with the redneck couple was well played, too! The funniest part was when Jack got captured by the mobsters! That was classic! Kept me laughing from beiginning to end! 5/5

Edited on 07/28/2010 1:52am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SWERJ321

[2]Jul 27, 2010
    • level: 19
    I just love how this show turns classic TV crime cliches on their ear like the revelation that these "made men" were never really crooks at all. It makes total sense that Dan would pick the ONE gang of actual non-crooks in Dallas to go undercover with. Man, love this show.

kanniballl

[3]Jul 29, 2010
    • level: 18

Funny as hell. The bad accent accent + Christopher Walken impression, the vintage clothing... the whole episode was a riot.

I will say, they did cut one line a little close. When he realized what was going on the bar, he started laughing and said "Ohhhhh sh" It almost sounded like we went the whole mile with the phrase.

HeidiHellstern

[4]Aug 1, 2010
    • level: 5

I liked it, this show is all right. I give it an 8.5. BTW, towards the end of the show, I believe there was some fighting, what was that song? I think it was "Leila"? (For me, it ended around 9:57 and then another song played, but it was *BEFORE* that).

Edited on 08/01/2010 9:50pm

tjaman

[5]Aug 2, 2010
    • level: 32
    Bradley Whitford is fearless, spending that amount of screentime in lime-green skivvies, I mean wow. Although, to be fair, he was also wearing several square inches of mustache.

atc4gvn

[6]Oct 12, 2010
    • level: 20

KurtP... thanks for starting the forum. I didn't get to see the original, but caught the repeat. And SWER... it WAS too funny those guys weren't even mobsters until he set them up! Entrampment! But he let them go and tjaman...those green underwear! HA! i kept yelling when he just strutted aroundlike that "PUT YOUR CLOTHES ON!" THESE GUYS ARE TOO FUNNY!

Edited on 10/12/2010 7:47pm