The Good Guys Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

excited to see

poulters

[1]May 13, 2010
    • level: 18

Couldnt wait to see this new series but couldnt find it did it show on May 12th

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

firstladyc

[2]May 13, 2010
    • level: 7

I think it got moved to May 19th for the premier.

headphonez05

[3]May 16, 2010
    • level: 11
    actually i think it's just a preview May 19th, and the premier of the show's Pilot will be on Monday June 7th.

holgatej77

[4]May 19, 2010
    • level: 6

headphonez05 wrote:
    actually i think it's just a preview May 19th, and the premier of the show's Pilot will be on Monday June 7th.

I think you're right. I think tonight's show (5/19/10) was supposed to be a kind of pre-pilot. But it was obviously a pilot in the way that it was presented. See my "Lethal Wreckin'" post about tonight's episode (there wasn't a thread for "Pilot".) During the run-up for this episode there was a lot if iChatter that Fox was going to do the same thing with this show as they did with Glee, except that they're going to continue airing episodes through the summer. Good Guys is a, eh, good show. Watch the whole pilot (I almost gave up on it until the latter half.)

atc4gvn

[5]May 20, 2010
    • level: 20

I thought is was HILARIOUS, and has action too. Colin Hanks is Hank-a-licious. Read the tvcom review. The guy who worked on Burn Notice makes this series. I've never seen that show. (I don't even have cabel!) but this one is a winner!

haldrey

[6]May 23, 2010
    • level: 22
    I was waiting with excitement for the start of this show for several reasons. Although it is a police based show, and God knows that we have more than enough of those, it was a comedy and we do need more comedy. Also I read in other site that it was going to be the new Monk.

The new Monk it is not, not even close, but it was funny and well played. Let's give it a good try.

LanderHaasken

[7]May 26, 2010
    • level: 5
    I liked it, ratings wise though the 1st episode kinda bombed.

Technosquid

[8]May 30, 2010
    • level: 3

The pilot has aired and this show has 9 total posts on its tv.com forum. Do you think that's a good sign?

atc4gvn

[9]Jun 6, 2010
    • level: 20

Technosquid wrote:

The pilot has aired and this show has 9 total posts on its tv.com forum. Do you think that's a good sign?

No Not a good sign. I don't even enjoy cop dramas, too much violence, not enough levity for me, but I accidentally stumbled upon TGG & saw Colin Hanks. I stayed & enjoyed every minute. Not the best ratings & haven't heard much praise, but I am just HOPING tomorrow's "premiere" does better. I always fall in love w/ tv jems that have unique writing & delivery (ie. tru calling!), but the ratings just don't develop. Is such a "new" concept of tiltling the buddy-cop comedy drama on it's head too smart for the viewer? or does no one appreciate the simple one-liners that had me in hysterical laughter?

"I'm calling for back-up." - Bailey (amid a slew of bullets) "Tell 'em I said 'hi' - Stark. or

Bailey's anger when he thinks his partner is fatally wounded as he shots at the bad guy with TWO guns amid a dramatic camera shot. Bad guy looks at self. NO HIT. Bailey - "Not even one?!" I laughed so hard I missed the next line: Bad guy - "Not as easy as it looks."

zepherous35

[10]Jun 6, 2010
    • level: 26

I saw a commercial for it and thought I would give it a try. However, the one I saw said that tomorrow's episode was the series premiere. Since I missed the pilot, I may not watch it. I do find it strange that they are advertising tomorrow's episode as the series start. Interesting.

haldrey

[11]Jun 8, 2010
    • level: 22
    Last night actual season start was by a long shot far superior to the pilot. Look like I am going to keep watching.

Technosquid

[12]Jun 10, 2010
    • level: 3
    haldrey wrote:
    Last night actual season start was by a long shot far superior to the pilot. Look like I am going to keep watching.

I agree. I might actually like this show. I'd be shocked if it aired for more than one season though. I only started watching because I enjoyed Bradley Whitford so much on The West Wing. When I listen to his lines on The Good Guys, it really seems like hes forcing the character, and there are times when the voice he does almost descends into parody.

Shikady

[13]Jun 11, 2010
    • level: 13
    I also don't expect more than a season...on fox.

Why isn't this on USA? I mean...Nix have Burn Notice there, and I think it's the right kind of show to air with Psych. I don't know about USA schedule...hey, I don't even know if Psych is canceled or not, I stop watching a couple of seasons ago and I'm not from USA so I don't even know what's the show on the next slot... but The Good Guys seems like the perfect show to put right after Psych.

Sami5118

[14]Jan 1, 2011
    • level: 15
    atc4gvn wrote:

I thought is was HILARIOUS, and has action too. Colin Hanks is Hank-a-licious. Read the tvcom review. The guy who worked on Burn Notice makes this series. I've never seen that show. (I don't even have cabel!) but this one is a winner!

I agree! This show is painfully hilarious! And I love Dan! He makes me wanna laugh everytime I see him!