The Good Guys Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Ratings Discussion

TesserT

[1]Oct 27, 2010
    • level: 76
    This is a such a fun show to watch but the ratings aren't reflecting much love. Since Episode 8 (Sept 24) the show's ranged from 2.8 million viewers to now around 2.3 million. The number of TV households tuned in has remained steady at ~ 1.7 million (that's out of ~113 million TV households). BUT the all important 18-49 demo group has declined from 0.9/3 on Sept 24 to 0.6/2 for the latest Oct 22 episode. GG is way behind the competition (CBS CSI:NY & CW Supernatural) not in viewers by in the 18-49 demo group. I can't believe more people in this group don't find this show catchy & fun!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

atc4gvn

[2]Oct 28, 2010
    • level: 20

I saw a ratings list in someone's blog, I think, for the first two weeks of fall television premieres, and I was so disappointed and incredulous that the CW actually beat FOX in ratings! Especially since the show they beat was The Good Guys. I wish they would try it on another night, or give the show back it's summer slot, where the ratings aren't that dire.

Which night and time slot do you think the Good Guys would find a GOOD audience?

ChrisKehoe

[3]Nov 1, 2010
    • level: 5
    I don't watch this show when it originally airs, I catch it on hulu. Because frankly a 9pm Friday time slot is terrible, especially since I get the feeling this show is more attractive to a younger crowd. I think a night early in the week (Sunday or Monday?) would be better.

atc4gvn

[4]Nov 8, 2010

For the week of October 25 - 31 the futoncritic.com reported that FOX outdid CBS in the national Nielsen ratings, coming in 1st among adults 18-49, 18-34, and total viewers. The attractions for the week included GLEE's "Rocky Horror" themed episode, a Halloween Raising Hope, and four Major League Baseball World Series games.

The Good Guys did as well as could be expected, airing after a repeat of House on a Friday night at 9pm. While the repeat of House held 2.7 million total viewers, The GG managed to hold 2.4 million, with 0.7/2 in the adults 18-49 category.At least the ratings aren't plummeting, but they certainly aren't picking up either.

The show really needs a shot in the arm on a new night and time in order to continue on. The casting of Hanks and Whitford is pretty fantastic and the humorous take on small crimes turning into bigger dilemmas is a risky, but fun choice. Help spread the word and turn more fans onto this amazing show! Hopefully, next week's ratings will be even better.

atc4gvn

[5]Nov 17, 2010

The futoncritic.comreported thatthe Good Guys fall episodes have averaged a modest 2.52 million viewers and a 0.8 rating among adults 18-49, well short of its lackluster summer run (4.00 million viewers, 1.2 rating among adults 18-49).

Is 4 millionreally "lackluster" in the summer?! I say they move the show back to its summer slot! Who's with me?

holgatej77

[6]Dec 4, 2010
    • level: 6

I'm not sure that putting The Good Guys back into summer programming would be a good idea. I think the whole point is if a show proves to be popular during the summer then they move it to the regular season with higher expectations. I haven't seen Raising Hope, it doesn't look that interesting to me, but I think GG would do well before or after Glee. When I found out Fox was putting GG on Fridays during the regular season, I pretty much figured they'd given it the typical network death sentence and don't expect it to succeed ratings-wise. The best thing you can do as a fan is email them. I would expect that they take fan email seriously. Taking time out of your day to express how you feel about a show shows loyalty...

riveran21

[7]Dec 8, 2010
    • level: 1

Studio 60 meets Starsky & Hutch! I absolutely love the chemistry of Hanks & Whitford and the writing is intelligent, like Whitford's prior series Studio 60 which didn't take either. I think that some of the problem with the 18-49 demo group is that they just don't connect with all of the 80's references. I love all of the references but of course I grew up in the 80's. The musical score is killer, the car is btchn' and mustache rides for all the ladies.

I absolutely love the witty banter and chemistry that Hanks and Whitford have created. I was a bit concerned about Hanks early on but it appears that the apple hasn't fallen far from that family tree. Whitford is brilliant as ever with his over-the-top characterization of an 80's style cop (let's go bust some punks). However, I hope that GG is able to do something Whitford's previous show, Studio 60, was not able to do. Stay out of theguillotine. I'm so tired of shows with great writing, acting and wit such as Studio 60, Life, Life on Mars being cut for shows that take no brain cells to watch. Here's to hoping that shows like Chuck and GG are able to find the necessary audience to continue to stay on the air for years to come.

EverteMax

[8]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 12
    I think the good guys have a good run this summer. They should bring it back during the usual season and pair it after House on Mondays. Considering that Fox wants to keep Glee, American Idol and Bones on their tues, wed and thurs time slots, and that other networks have heavy hitters like CSI and NCIS during these days...I think Monday should be a comfortable slot for them. Even though the next summer seems like probable slot for them...well, being a summer show, I doubt they can survive another summer time slot.