The Good Guys Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

The Good Guys *Sighs* Cancelled

jason43224

[1]Dec 17, 2010
    • level: 7

Well its official The Good Guys is canceled, Fox always cancels the wrong shows, though after seeing what family guy has turned into i wish they would have kept it canceled. Anyway i really loved this show and found it very funny, but sadly it wont be back next season. Why is this canceled yet we still have The Cleveland Show? And Bones, i mean i used to get into Bones but it has got tired as well.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Sami5118

[2]Dec 18, 2010
    • level: 15
    Yeah I think that's just dumb! I really, really hope that USA picks up this show since FOX was so stupid to cancel it. Probably the only show that I really watched on FOX and now they had to go and cancel it. I hate FOX!

tjaman

[3]Dec 19, 2010
    • level: 32
    If it needed to go I think it went out on a high note -- Jack and Don tracing a dine-and-dash to a corruption scandal in the Dallas PD.

That said, it would be fun to see it return on USA, maybe paired with "Burn Notice" (Matt Nix connection) or "In Plain Sight" ("West Wing" connection). If Whitford would work for cable money, that is.

deepwaters5

[4]Dec 20, 2010
    • level: 12

BOO! This was such a good show! Very sad to see it go. Stupid FOX, getting to be as bad as ABC.

bkto

[5]Dec 20, 2010

one of the funniest shows on tv, and that jenny wade lady can assistant district attorney me any day.

poor jokes aside, what are the actual chances of USA picking up this show?

Fryerider

[6]Dec 20, 2010
    • level: 5

This is the greatest idea yet. Matt Nix uses his cable connections to continue this show. I have read elsewhere how affordable this show was to produce, so maybe this could actually work. No point in trying to get Fox to keep it. They don't want it anyway. But USA should jump at the chance. I sure think it's worth an email to USA. Anyone else agree? I want to see Dan and Jack bust some more punks!

Fryerider

AsianBum

[7]Dec 21, 2010
    • level: 8

USA aint gonna pick it up... since they already have covert affairs, royal pains and white collar.

Fox are just idiots... period; i'm amaze @ CLEVELAND SHOW... wtf... it is a poor spin-off to Family Guy.

jason43224

[8]Dec 21, 2010
    AsianBum wrote:

USA aint gonna pick it up... since they already have covert affairs, royal pains and white collar.

Fox are just idiots... period; i'm amaze @ CLEVELAND SHOW... wtf... it is a poor spin-off to Family Guy.

Yes very poor, Seth Macfarlane should try to save family guy cause its a completely different show now..

atc4gvn

[9]Dec 25, 2010
    • level: 20

Any email campaigns are probably deleted, but if someone wants to start a snail mail campaign and get a group of us to come up with a clever way of approaching USA network I'm all in! I adore the show. And I am SO upset they didn't just switch it back to the summer schedule! That was my best option for FOX keeping it on the air. What do you think should be a clever mail campaign. "WE GOTTA GO BUST SOME PUNKS!" or ..."Don't let the bad guys get away with it! AIR THE GOOD GUYS THIS FALL!" i'm not great at slogans or campaigns. anyone have any GOOD ideas

Edited on 01/03/2011 4:59pm

jason43224

[10]Jan 1, 2011

I dont think a internet campaign would work though i am all for it and would love to hear if anyone's got one started, but i think the only way fox would bring the show back is If they release a DVD and it get's great sales, but i wont count on it

RanCorX2

[11]Jan 3, 2011
    • level: 2

what the fu...I was looking forward to season 2! gahhhhhhhhh when are the stupid networks gonna stop this bs?

MelissaLynn2

[12]Jan 4, 2011
    • level: 2

If you want to try to help somehow, the twitter account "savethegoodguys" is still being updated with ideas, and they have links to petitions and other ways to get involved and try to save the show (they've also posted the FOX comment line phone number). By the way, Fox is now re-running episodes of The Good Guys on Saturdays (they started this on Jan. 1st). Of course I have no idea for how long, but maybe that information in the right hands can do some good.

MILE089

[14]Jan 11, 2011

They've cancelled "The Good Guys" but are keeping "Raising Hope"…?!? What the *bleep*ing *bleep*…?!?

Those network executives are just a bunch of retarded morons and they keep proving that season after season after season…! And I don't mean just the boneheads at FOX but all the other ones as well…!

Gnidrolog

[15]Jan 15, 2011

if not USA, then TNT, or AMC, or A & E...anybody. LET'S BUST SOME MORE PUNKS!

RoseFisher

[16]Jan 15, 2011
    • level: 1

THis is so worng! I loved that show. Fox, get your head out of the dark place. You consistently cance the worng shows. Shame.

therockstop

[17]Jan 21, 2011
    • level: 14
    Just found this out today. It never ends, my favorite shows always get canceled. Put it back on in the summer!

edmasterchaos

[18]Mar 24, 2011
    • level: 41
    Dammit, i was watching this on Fx here in Mexico, they stopped airing three weeks ago in what i thought was just a season break. There is no justice in this world DX

kanniballl

[19]May 8, 2011
    • level: 18

BOOO!

Wow, I'm usually on top of these things and I didn't hear until just now.

It was a GREAT show. Ignoring the lead actors (who were great) I loved everything about it: the jokes, the 70s/80s references, the wackiness (double-gun shootouts, explosions, etc).

I really fell in love with the Pilot and the rest of the episodes were just great.

So sad. I feel sorry for Bradley Whitford, after West Wing his starring roles have been short-lived.

Edited on 05/08/2011 8:09pm
    Edited 2 total times.

TheBam711

[20]May 10, 2011
    • level: 9

It was a great show...

For those saying Fox is stupid to cancel the show...they didn't cancel it because they "thought" it sucked. They canceled it because it didn't have many viewers. If the big four networks had the show and had the same numbers, they would cancel it as well. Companies don't keep shows that don't make them money...it's part of business! (Yes; even networks like AMC, USA Network, TNT, etc would cancel shows that do horribly in ratings/viewers.) It sucks but business is business and they would be pretty much dumb to not cancel the show. (even though I loved the show)