The Good Guys Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

the legendary Frank

AgentCarmichael

[1]Aug 3, 2010
    • level: 4

we all know that there is going to be one episode where Frank, Dan's old partner who is always mentioned in the show about some crazy old adventure he and Dan had, finally shows up, just for one episode at the very least. I truly believe that Colin Hanks should convince his father to come and play a little cameo as Frank. Tom Hanks is only a couple years older than Bradley Whitford, plus they could make a few allusions that Frank was almost exactly like Jack when he first started out, and we all know that will give Jack a scare, seeing as all of those stories Dan tells are not like the kind of cop Jack wants to be. Plus a couple characters can state how they look similar, like Frank may be the first, but Dan and Jack don't see it, but Liz may see it, and maybe even Lt. Ana will see it as well and mention something like "oh dear god, I've created something worse than just having two Dan Starks, I've recreated Frank" or something like that, i realize that line sucks but you get the picture, this could elude to the fact that maybe if Frank was like Jack in the beginning that maybe he changed before Dan or something. I don't know, its just something, but i seriously do think that Tom Hanks should play Frank, just in one episode though. because we know that eventually Frank will appear on screen at some point in time.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

atc4gvn

[2]Aug 4, 2010
    • level: 20

HA! That's SO funny! When I started reading your message I was thinking, "That'll never work, cause he looks JUST LIKE Jack!" but then I read the rest and thought that would be so funny! Would Tom really do a tv appearance? Maybe to be in a project with his son, and after all, he started out on tv, dressed as a woman no less?! What was that show with him and some other guy dressed as women? i never saw any episodes, but heard about it later. Poor Frank though, sounds like he lost it after Dan's antics drove him off the force. Who else do you think would be good for the role of "the legendary Frank"?

AgentCarmichael

[3]Aug 5, 2010
    • level: 4
    i did not know that Tom dressed as a woman on tv. But anyway i really think Tom should show up for cameo or something at least once, and i think he could definately pull off the deeply distrubed or somewhat coocoo for cocoa puffs depending on how they want to go with it, cause he had a nervous breakdown as they said but that doesnt mean he cant be either really dark or really insane, either way it could be funny depending on how they write the script. but i guess there is most likely the chance they will get someone else to play Frank, and i don't know who would play him, hopefully whoever it is doesnt ruin the whole Frank character making it someone that is completely different from what you think

atc4gvn

[4]Aug 17, 2010

I had to "bing" it, (you know like "google"it, and I looked up "Tootsie" and "Tom Hanks", but the show was called "Bosom Buddies" but was compared to the movie "Tootsie" a lot where Dustin Hoffman dressed as a woman! According to the WIKI.. it ran on ABC from 1980 to 1982. The guys are masquerading as women to live in an all female dirt cheap hotel. The DVDs were even released in 2007! I don't believe I ever saw an episode, nor wanted to, but it sounds like it would have been pretty funny. Tom is a great actor, and Colin is great too! I think the dynamic between the two partners in this show is hilarious! I really really hope more people will watch. I think a guest as Frank would be a great idea! Let's see... what about Ray Ramano?! Or Bradley could reunite with his "West Wing" president and Martin Sheen could play Frank! HAHA

atc4gvn

[5]Sep 24, 2010

The Legendary Frank Savage is GARY COLE! Listed in a Fox official press release for episode 13
    Dan on the Run" has the governor's son in peril again, but this time Dan has been framed for the crime! Enter the Legendary Frank Savage to save the day!

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE LEGENDARY FRANK SAVAGE being GARY COLE?

haldrey

[6]Oct 16, 2010
    • level: 22
    Well, the legendary Frank finally was featured, and it was worth the wait.