The Good Guys

Pilot

Aired Friday 9:00 PM May 19, 2010 on FOX

• Enjoyable pilot

This is not a show letting on being anything but good old fashioned entertainment, and enjoyable it was.

We've seen partnered up cops in most different scenarios, and if I twist my brain I'll probably come up with a duo these resembles. The washed-out one-big-arrest-wonder Dan (Whitford) and the by-the-book inexperienced Jack isn't that unique or interesting, but the show scores on how they portrait these cops, the criminals and everything else.

Those who's seen some cop shows from the 70's and 80's will giggle as they recognize old skool stuff no longer playing a major part in cop shows, the drunk and victim banging Dan has some character potential, and it sure doesn't hurt Whitford is the actor as I'm a huge fan of him and the overall easy going and relaxed style is refreshing to again see in a show. It's been a while where every show tries to be the next CSI, Cold Case, Numb3rs, Criminal Minds etc etc etc. About time someone again have some good old fun with a cop show.

I was very entertained overall by this pilot, and hopefully they'll be able to keep it up in the following episodes.