The Good Guys

FOX (ended 2010)

TesserT

The Good Guys Fan Reviews (19)

• Repetitive

I liked the first episodes, but after five or six I couldn't think of this show with any other word: repetitive.
    All procedural are repetitive, and in my opinion, the success of a procedural show depends on the cast more than on the formula. In this case I've grown tired of both.

The formula is tiresome, there's always a small crime, these code 58 which every single time are tied to something much bigger (with a nice shoot-out to boot). This way the story-lines are too predictable ( even for a procedural ).

The cast: Dan was kind of funny for a while, then like the rest of the show got stale. Jack is just a whiner and I don't think he's the best character to bring out the funny of Dan ( I like the 'stache, BTW). Liz is the biggest problem of the show: her "relationship" with Jack is so predictable that's not interesting. The captain is almost useless.

I don't intend to keep watching if the story-lines somehow improve. Being a show from the creator of Burn Notice (which is probably repetitive, but in a good way and has a least an interesting overall story) I expected something better.