The Good Wife

Ham Sandwich

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 22, 2011 on CBS

• The episode that will surely change everything

I was screaming. Shouting. Trying to grasp what had just happened. Kalinda's face as Blake walked away was one that I had never seen her put on. It was one of genuine concern, it was of genuine fear. She knew that something she had kept hidden for more than two years was now out in the open.

There were times this season when I was wondering where everything was going. Blake had spent the majority of the season looking into Kalinda. Trying to find out about her secret and it frustrated me because it never really went anywhere and just when I gave up hope that there would be any major revelation Blake drops this bombshell onto the show. Kalinda slept with Peter.

While I'm not entirely surprised that it happened, in the first season Alicia asks Kalinda if she'd slept with Peter (seemed like the writers were leaving a hint) and Kalinda denied it. However now that's it happened its given the show a brand new lease. Everything will now be different. Alicia will eventually find out and that could have ramifications for her job at the law firm, her marriage and most importantly for the show her relationship with Kalinda, which is one of the most enticing aspects on the show. They are the shows two best actors and characters. Each more complex than the other, each with a charm and charisma that has audiences perplexed and gripped but now its all different. Kalinda, a character we love, a character that has won our hearts is the enemy. The enemy of the Good Wife. Pitting the shows two stars against each other is a gamble but It will definitely make for some terrific television. As for everything else that goes on. Who cares??

So, Kalinda is going to plead the fifth repeatedly and repeatedly? Cause that has never been done before (sigh) but I do like the official nature in which she said that.

The big story here was that Kalinda was once one of Peter's affairs, and that will surely impact the show greatly. Alicia will find out and she will clash with Kalinda for a little bit. They had to reward Archie Punjabi with a real story after her Emmy winner and they certainly have found it.

I prefer the legal aspect of this show moreso than the relationship and personal life one, but I will admit to being curious as to seeing how this all plays out.