The Good Wife

Killer Song

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 29, 2011 on CBS

• A good wife in a morally ambiguous environment.

This series does not stop surprising me. Out of all the legal shows following the same pattern with predictable happy endings, The Good Wife stands out. It dares to deal with moral grey zones and sometimes the bad guy gets caught, sometimes he walks. The show imitates life: all fates aren't always fair. The scripts for this show are the only law related texts of which can safely be said that they are not boring. This time the net around Kalinda (played by the superb Archie Panjabi) continued to tighten. This is clearly bringing out a vulnerable side of her which we haven't seen before. Eli Gold also showed a softer side to his calculating persona by playing a saviour to a girl in need. What is so exciting in this show is that the characters are so clearly multi dimensional; well behaved in one moment, prepared to do anything to turn the game in their favour the next. If this continues, we are really in for an exciting season finale. The episode kept the tension from the very beginning to the end, it never failed to entertain. More episodes like this one are needed in other shows too.