The Good Wife

Sunday 9:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 22, 2009 In Season

neomichel

The Good Wife Fan Reviews (82)

• A copycat of SVU

The Trial turned into an ending similar to the defunct SVU which always gave the impression that you have waisted your time watching it, given there was almost never a satisfactory conviction or acquittal. In this case, more than three episodes for nothing. The first season was good because there were wins and happy endings and worthile romances. My only hope here is that somehow they are going to bring Cary back through Bishop being killed and the witness recanting his story. If that happens I am almost certain that Kalinda will in some way be involved in the killing, although her character is scheduled to disappear from the show which makes this scenario unlkely. If Cary does not return I think the cumulative disappearance of Will, Kalinda and Cary will be the end of watching the show for many viewers, me included. They should kill the show and start another one instead.
  • Get rid of Michael J Fox! He SUCKS AND IS RUINING AN ALREADY Good SHOW -BY Being on it!

This show is great however, really dislike Michael J Fox on it, his sickness aside-he has always been an over-rated -Low budget Crappy actor. Why are all these crappy actors Scabbing onto the people's success and popular shows -so intent on RUINING ALL THESE GOOD SHOWS- BY BEING ON IT?! The show is great -Sont Need or want them! GET RID OF MJF! HE SUCKS! ALWAYS HAS! What? All these Crappy actors, who can't make it on their own -acting?

Come on, GET NEW, FRESH FACE ACTORS -WHO CAN START FRESH AND NEW ON THE SHOW, AND EARN THEIR PLACE AND REPUTATIONS ON THE show! DO NOT NEED OR WANT ANY OF THESE PHONEY OVER-RATED CRAPPY OVER-PAID, WASHED UP 'SCABS'! He is ruining the show! GET RID OF MICHAEL J FOX! Show is great -BUT with MJF - rating:-10
  • Glad to hear Kalinda will be gone!!!

My thanks to the writers for FINALLY getting rid of the lesbian in this GREAT SHOW! Put her on one of the already, many shows with homosexuals in them [that I don't watch]! There are more straight folks than gay, so we are HAPPY to hear that Kalinda will be leaving!!! I record the show so that I can fast forward through the parts of her kissing and making out with other women, but still it just makes us SICK!!! Yucky!!!

We have watched the Good Wife since it first aired and love it EXCEPT for the lesbian thing. Was about to ask the writers to "write her as straight", when I read that this will be her last season!!! Yeah!!! Maybe they [the writers] listened to some of the others that feel as we do! Thanks so much!!!
  • tardive dyskonisia

I am a huge fan of the show. However, I am extremely upset about how Michael J. Fox is being portrayed with having tardive dyskonisia. I suffer from this disease and it is very different from the Parkinson's that he really has. Although they are both movement disorders, . is caused by problems with medication. It is permanent and incurable. The movements are similar to Parkinson's, however, Parkinson's is much more severe and constant. People who watch the show are getting inaccurate information. There are times when I am wrongly judged because of this. Also to now say he has kidney failure due to the meds he takes for . is upsetting. The only meds that can be taken for . are the ones that have the same properties as those that cause the disease. And they don't cure it, only supposedly help manage it. I currently don't take meds for my . because I don't want to be on those meds again. I just don't understand why the show just doesn't say he has Parkinson's. Why misrepresent one disease instead of accurately representing another. I don't know how others that suffer from . feel about this but I sure would like to know.
  • My sympathies.....

to Michael J. Fox. But it's time for him to retire from the TV screen. His constant physical twitches & slurred speech make him unwatchable. I am sorry that he has been saddled with this disease. But now, it's been worked into the plots of the show to great disadvantage -- oxygen? A wheelchair? Come on, folks.
  • Old Spice episode

We LOVE The Good Wife. But, why add real life politicians to the show. We are putting the producers on notice, one more sighting of real life politicians on the show, that will be our last viewing of the show.
  • too late

CBS needs to do something about the shows on Sunday evening starting and ending late (at least in the Central time region). Not everyone sits with their eyes glued to the tv set, especially these days with dvr, etc. During football seasons, I usually try to change the timer so that it records longer than usual but lately it is not the same every Sunday and the last couple of Sundays it was on time so I changed the dvr timer back to normal. Also, the maximum over-time recording limit is 90 minutes and that's what I have to use since the timing with football is so willy-nilly and that either bumps something else that was going to record or it keeps us from recording something else for the next hour and a half. And don't say to stream it, some of us can't do that.
  • Whatever happened to this show?

This used to be a great show - but the scripts this season are totally ridiculous.

What a shame to see this catastrophe.
  • If its not broken don't fix it.

This season sucks. Go back to original format.
  • Politics

Leave politics out of the show (and politicians).
  • alicia

I feel the show is not focusing on her it is about Alicia and no matter what she should always come out on top about to lose interest
  • The Good Wife's Fashion

Checkout the fashion of The Good Wife here on TV Fashion Guide:

• I am not sad at all

The reason Will leaving the show is good for Alicia will play a stronger and smarter role as she always is and it is the best time for her to move on.
  • Just started....

.... I am currently watching season 2 on hulu. So far, I'm in love with it. I am sorry I just now found it. I am hoping it keeps up with the memento. People need to give this show a chance. But I am just on season 2. I know on had it as a possible cancellation. (It has been renewed) but this show is good. And CBS has Hulu to thank for me finding it.. CBS needs to think about releasing more shows to HULU. I'm sure they would get more following and fans of their current show that have average to poor ratings.
  • Why? What? I am saddened and shocked.

4.5
    I haven't been able to find the reason that 'Will' left the show, however, I truly don't comprehend why it needed to be so violent and final. And then to salt the wound, bringing Michael J. Fox back as the horrific character he portrays. He stands in Will's office actually stating that he is the new Will. Give me a break, he can't even pretend to be a Will replacement. I find him offensive, disgusting and repulsive. This is not the show for him. I'm afraid I will soon be a former fan. The only scene in the last three episodes that I found enjoyable was Alicia finally delivering on Peter. It is about time. He is the character that should have received the bullet.
  • Wish these writers worked on NCIS!

I will never tire of rating a show a "ten". It's seldom that a show improves over time, but The Good Wife has, especially this season--and that was before Will's death! Alicia's face-off with her husband was priceless, and about time. It was well-written and well acted. Now, then, I think bringing back Michael J. Fox is a big mistake. I did not like him or his character when he was on before, and just the thought of him coming back at the end of this incredibly good season pisses me off.
  • I'm gone if ...

You continue having Michael J Fox on the show. This is my fav show and everyone is very classy but he doesn't belong here. He brings the show down. I'm sorry he has a disease but I don't want to watch him.

I am so sorry Will is gone. What a shocker!! I cried for two episodes. Hope he comes back in flashbacks for a long time. Hope I am still watching.
  • Just my two cents

Just wanted to say that it is indeed a great loss to the show regarding the role of Will by Josh Charles. However, you had us hooked from the start when in the Pilot, Julianna Margulies, delivered in her amazing way those lines regarding a scorned woman. There have been many other moments in the show that have my applause. Just my two cents: keep doing what you are doing: wonderful writing, amazing casting and great talent. Make Tony Scott proud. By the way, excellent casing call with Matthew Goode. It is not common for me to chime in, wanted to let you I appreciate the show.
  • So sad

I'm so sad about Will's death. The show is over to me
  • Probably won't watch anymore 1.0

Please do not put Michael J Fox on the Good Wife now that Josh Charles or Will is no longer on the show he does not belong on a show like that he is only sit-com material besides I can't stand him. I will not watch the show if he is on there. The show was a 10 now a 1
  • why? why? why did they remove Will? he made the show so much more interesting!

i can't watch it without him in it!
  • I wont watch my favorite show anymore

Will was the hero and they eliminated

• OMG!!

What a shock the episode 15!! contrary to everyone's opinion below i think it will make the series more interesting and spice it up a little! I like it, even if i am sad that will is gone, thank you writers! Can't wait to see the following episodes!
  • No, No - not The Good Wife

I hope the writers don't expand on this romance between Will and Alicia.

Come on, your scripts are strong enough without this unrealistic soap opera.

For me, it makes Alicia's character distasteful and not the classy intelligent woman she has been portrayed as so far.
  • "Dramatics, your Honor"

I too am wondering whether the "old" writers were replaced by a pack of no talented dingbats! The character Will Gardner obviously could have left the show in a far less poignant way. Easily, he could have exited to relocate in NY or LA to start a new branch of the firm, which they had already began to develop. Instead the "dingbats" decided to" blast" him off the show with gun violence... unbelievable! With the real-life high murder rate existing in Chicago already, why would they broach an entry of that sort of ugliness on this family drama type show.

Perhaps the actor Josh Charles was a little spent with the direction that the "dingbats" were taking the Will and Diane characters. They were constantly losing every client and every case to Alicia and Carey despite the fact that they did everything to accommodate and help them in the beginning as first year associates, now suddenly they were the adversaries. I understand that Mr. Charles may have wanted to move on, but did this mean that "Will" had to get all shot up full of holes in order to accomplish the departure? I'm wondering who's next to bite the proverbial bullet and where does all of this leave the show?
  • No S5 episode 15?

When will S5 episode 15 air?
  • Fun, fun, fun 'til ...

I love the pizzaz of Season 5 (nice to see Alicia getting more human and wearing little make-up in several scenes. And the so far unrequited(able) love will be good for a season or so: it could turn and be Alicia & Will against Peter & Jackie w/the kids in between?

But, how can this show be so white? I'm a 52-year-old white English prof but even I don't get this? The black people in your show are what your writers might recognize as being what Spivak calls Have you seen, say, Grey's Anatomy? A real cast, reflecting the people I see downtown, uptown. Are there no black actors you can afford to pay major roles who aren't basically drug dealers? Yes, there's a joke in that, but it's worn way thin. Anyone black already in the AG's office could become a top hot player in the show. It was so fun, fun, fun 'til all but Archie turned white!
  • Why did you do this plot twist?!

5.5
    I have just watched episode 5 of season 5.. And I decided to stop watching the series. I was so much disappointed! The only man - honest, loving, real - is Will, but this stupid Alicia preferred that disgusting aging (and corrupted!) Peter - oh my God, I can't stand her frozen face anymore with that always "eaten" lipstick on her lips (what do the makeup designers of the show receive their wages for?!) and arrogant facial expression. She showed herself so lousy, indecent and mean towards Will - the only Real Man, who had given her the helping hand, when her world has ruined (thanks to her husband, by the way!), when everybody was against her, when she and the whole her life were in real ass! And what did she do as a payback? I can't watch such a meanness anymore. The show authors should do anything with all that, she must be somehow punished for her hypocrisy, arrogance and mean attitude. I have learnt the only old truth out of this show - trust no one. Because everyone betrays - parents, kids, friends, partners, lovers - E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E. And Alicia is not an exception. Next to Will she looks like a woman. Next to Peter she looks like a stupid suburban housewife. I do wish to see the evil punished. Otherwise I will lose all my faith in universal justice. I want Peter to die or fall seriously (terminally) sick or at least be removed from the office of the governor or caught with another prostitute (or that new ethic adviser), because I do not believe that people like him change. He is a villain and he is unpleasant. It is so unfair what is happening to Lockhart & Gardner, these young rascals deserve to be ruined! Because the most expensive (and the only valuable) currency in this world is fidelity and reliability. And don't try to persuade me that Alicia is a hero-woman, this is the story of her formation as a strong woman and a professional - I know and see the only thing: she is a betrayer and a hypocrite. She forgives her husband and stays with him (what for?! the one who once betrayed will surely do it again!), but turns the other side and bites the helping hand! Oh, it was so hard to watch it((((( You may become independent and strong even without acting meanly like a jackal. It seems I took this TV show very much to heart))) And I feel myself so devastated because of that confrontation... Without love story between Will and Alicia this show makes no sense. And they must merge their firms somewhen in the future or do something in that style. Otherwise the show comes to nought. Their kids with Florrick will grown up soon and go to colleges, Peter must let Alicia go and be with Will. Because otherwise there's no hope for better life, new love and happiness for all middle-aged women. That's my opinion.
  • still clever, but..

5.5
    I'm not liking the direction the show is going. It was really good the first 3 seasons and the 4th one was alright, but it is lacking in this new season. i don't like how immature and out of character they make Will out to be. I still really like most of the characters but i hope they do not turn this show into soap opera. the show is good w/o the unrealistic drama.
  • When?

When will be the next episode? It's been more than a month! Come on you guys!
< 1 2 3