The Good Wife

Sunday 9:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 22, 2009 Returning October 4, 2015

neomichel

The Good Wife Fan Reviews (113)

• Not So 'Good'

She walks away from her victory; her partners are supposed to be concerned with her well-being;

Kalinda's a walking dead woman (we know Punjabi left the Show); nothing remains here that has

any resemblance to entertainment. This Show represents the largest betrayal of viewers in recent

memory. It's Star/Producer should be shunned in perpetuity. She is a demented Hack.
  • Oh Please whining children;

DonnaPooleBin is a perfect example of; "Now that you have written, produced, filmed and edited", I have a better way of doing your job.

If so, why doesn't she have it?

Because she is one of the Internets many million whining children who feel accomplishment for undermining the actual hours and work of others.

Am I undermining her work? No. Because there is not any real work involved with her. Just hatred, rationalization and shallow excuses for what is clearly a currently less than creative and productive life.

I wish her and the other ungrateful and immature well, while maintaining respect for the difficult work done to bring us what is so often selfishly absorbed unappreciated pleasure.
  • When Kalinda goes, so will the audience.

2.5
    Whatever ego problems are beneath the scenes that never show Alicia and Kalinda together, should not be imposed upon a dwindling audience. They should also have re-thought the whole Will thing. Whatever he wanted, (more money?), should have been seriously entertained. After his demise we rarely watched TGW, and when we did we enjoyed Kalinda's character and the kooky-brainy lawyer the most. It is creepy not seeing Kalinda in same shot as Alicia. It's like spying on some dysfunctional family. It sure comes off as someone being a biatch. And it ain't Kalinda. Will made Alicia more human. Without Will and Kalinda, that ship is going down.
  • Just Misery

This show has become so disappointing. I have the enjoyed the clever and powerful women in this show and their triumphs. Now there are no triumphs. Just failure and misery. Everyone is miserable. All the women destroyed by men. Some of the good men destroyed or almost destroyed by women. Where can this go that is positive? I want the clever courtroom scenes back. The internal politics that are interesting and BENIGN. Not just another mean girls and boys show. Yuck!
  • Where has Good Wife gone?

This was once my favorite show on TV. No more! The characters seem like they've been rewritten for a brand new show that I don't recognize. Alicia used to be a great character. Now, she's just "B"tchy. Her relationship with Peter is just stupid. All the totally awesome lawyering has been lost. Where was all that when Cary needed it. Nowhere. I don't know if there's problems behind the scenes or what. I tried watching last week and within the first 15 minutes I shut it off. It's not Good Wife anymore. I don't even know what it is now. It's definately not good. It's such a disappointment. Oh, and by the way, memories of Will should be Josh Charles, not the guy that plays Fin.
  • The good wife

If Alicia does not win the election, I will stop watching this show. I have been a follower since the pilot episode. She is a great female lead actress and she stands up for what's right. If she has to bow down due to politics then this show has turned to crap. I love the show because she is powerful, demanding and does not back down for anything. Sincerely highly disappointed after watching tonight's episode
  • Kalinda fabricating evidence? Please!

Kalinda fabricating evidence and being meek to Bishop? Then Diane finds it and uses it. The show went off the rails with that plot. I liked the strong Kalinda who would legally figure something out and bending but not breaking the rules. I also miss the courtroom scenes whenever they manage to have them. continue to like the show and look forward to seeing it.
  • Good but nothing more

Here we have another typical episodic show with mediocre background series plot. It became a standart these few past years to make these default structure, sadly so widespread. It mostly works economically because it draws numbers, has a good longevity and doesnt require much creative work or creative work at all. What the show excels in, is casting in my opinion. Especially the guest character casting (many from The Wire but other good shows too). The first season i liked the most because it didnt have the need to be as flashy and overdramatize simple things as consequent seasons.

Its made prefferably for female audience but the story is lacking something original and i see a tendency to use simple dirty tricks on the audience more and more to draw attention not by quality but flashiness.

Still a pretty decent show so far.
  • Dissappointed with the Petering Out

2.5
    We have LOVED Goodwife for all the seasons until now. It's ok, but just a shadow of it's former self. We do not enjoy the political storyline at all. Give us back the courtroom with the quirky characters. So much more entertaining. Oh BTW, the flashback of Will .......... how do you not use the original actor. The sub was definitely not him. The biggest way to tell is the profile so why would you have used the profile in filming? Bad choice. Diss
  • "Catch up" 4OD wrecks "The Good Wife" replays with 5 minute ad breaks.

In the UK, we get to watch this on Catch Up on 4OD (soon to be "All 4" - from broadcaster Channel 4) & can you believe it? They cut in ads lasting 4 minutes 20 seconds in each break!

It is excruciating to watch.

Incidentally, I also think The Good Wife is showing its age - it was hot in the earlier episodes, but now it feels like a pastiche of itself.

This means you have to watch it with a rather different attitude.

In the past it was hard-nosed, serious, "we gotta win the argument" legal duelling.

But now you have to watch it with a half-smile on your face, ready to grin at the next almost ludicrous scene, . the lawyer in the powered wheelchair pulling hard, yet again, on his inhaler, while telling the judge his kidneys have just failed.

And what happened to the excellent make-up guys? Both Alicia & the Governor's Aide look like they have been made-up by people in a funeral home, in preparation for the coffin lid to be left open, prior to burial.

Blanched, rather oily faces with crude black eyebrows - both look so gaunt & ready for the grave.

Such a contrast to the earlier episodes, where their faces were made-up to look far softer & so much less harsh. Maybe they're saving money & ditching the cosmetics entirely.
  • Tonight's show was disgusting!

I have always enjoyed watching the Good Wife however, I thought tonight's episode, 'Red Meat' was disgusting and shameful!

You had Diane kill the deer when she is against hunting. Really? We just can't get away from the bloodlust. Then she ate the deer meat as a victory. Anyone who kills for pleasure is a psychopath.
  • What's the point of Matthew Goode???

I was done watching the Good wife when Will died. Too devastated, was like a personal loss then I gave it a 2nd chance when M. Goode came into the picture.... Unfortunately, he din't help much well I should say his character is not being developed well. Will!!!!!!!!! should never have died. The script writers are killing the show...... My hands are over my eyes... I truly loved the show.
  • Should not have killed Will

The show has just not been the same since the death of Will. Sorry to say I am losing interest rapidly. The episodes are tough to watch now. To bad it was such a good show.
  • Good Wife

It sucks! The writers are pitiful!
  • Going down, down, down

Used to be an excellent show. But the scripts have deteriorated badly. The political arc is incredibly boring--all they can think to do is make each character, including Alicia, more and more corrupted with each episode. BORing and unrealistic (guess what, some politicians, like some lawyers, actually do try to do the right thing from time to time, and there is complexity in figuring out how to solve pressing political issues). Get back to the complex, mentally-challenging law cases and return to portraying characters as morally ambiguous, not just as deteriorating further and further into sharkdom.
  • show in going downhill fast

Last Sunday, Mar8, was the dumbest "Good Wife" show ever. I used to like that show so much, but it has deteriorated to the point of extreme boredom. I was so mad at myself for wasting an hour on this mess. I might look in tonight, but I give it 10min, then I am outta there . The whole thing about getting into Alica's brain was like slow death.

What happened to court room drama?
  • Last Sunday's "The Good Wife" on March 8th was awful and not up to par

WHY would you put a debate between an atheist and a Priest on the show and what in the world did that have to do with Alicia preparing to debate her opponent. I don't like that her character does not believe in God and it just keeps coming up in the series and for what purpose??? It is so distracting to the real stories and gets everyone off track and angry to sit through Alicia not believing in God... That is a sad commentary on the writers who must not believe or THEY are having debates about their faith between themselves. They should leave that to Roma Downey or people who GET when to do a faith based series or these. Is "The Good Wife" going to HELL? Is that what we are to think... I just hated that last episode and yes, I am a Christian who loved watching "The Good Wife" but if Religion is going to be the topic, I am DONE DONE DONE
  • what????????

4.5
    spinning out of back to reality
  • This is Good wife's,not Birdman

What a complete waste of an hour! Did the writers of Birdman sneak into the Good Wife's offices?
  • Are the "Real Writers" of the Good Wife On Vacation??

Just watched episode of March 8th and must say this is the worst waste of time I have experienced in my life. It was if the writers took a holiday and let their kids write the script. If there was a script.

I hate to see a program as good as this one go down the tubes, but each week seems worst than the week before.
  • I Love the show

i really think that this show is one of the best tv series ever, when Will died i thought that the show couldnt continue any longer, but they did, and it was amazing. When someone dies, life continues, and that is exactly what happened here, and people need to move on. The writers are amaxing, you can notice that they know exactly what they are doing. All the cast is great, In my family we all are huge fans of the serie.
  • The Good Wife should end....

I loved this show, when Will got killed that should of been the last show so boring zzzzz
  • Will is coming back?

I stopped watching my favourite show after Will's death but watched all the episodes last week because I heard that the Producer is planning to bring back Will in Season 6. There are very few shows which maintain their ratings after crossing 5th season. I hope they bring back Will so that the show can regain its ratings. They can come up with anything like FBI abducted Will and staged his death for some reasons. Frankly, the show is not that bad in season 6, but it surely is well below the original quality which they MUST bring back
  • this show sucks!

started out really enjoying this series but this last year I've lost interest . It was more fun when it was all about Alicia Florrick over coming her husbands scandal and trying to start over. I liked watching her take the high road, only now she's the cheater so to speak and the show has lost its interest for me. Also the court cases aren't as good as they use to be. She use to have a Perry Mason quality about her and the cases she assisted in were more interesting like a chess board game of strategy. I thought there may be a glimmer of hope when they brought back this crazy lawyer Elsbeth Tascioni. Elsbeth is fun to watch and I think she and Alicia would make a good firm all on their own. I'd hate to see this show go so I hope they get better writing in the next season cause where it stands now I'm not sure I'll continue to watch :( to bad cause I really liked it when it started out.

• Going Boston Legal

I know why the show transformed from a lawyer show to a political show - setting the stage for a Hillary candidacy. In 2008, Boston Legal went all out to campaign for Obama. They knew it was their last season so they threw away all restraint. Alicia and Peter are TV's Hillary and Bill. We see Democrat talking points (gay agenda, war on women, campus rape, etc) as major plot lines every also seeing a parade of Democrat luminaries (Valerie Jarrett, Gloria Steinem, Chuck Schumer) as guest stars. I bet that before the end of the season, Hillary herself will make an appearance. They use frequent lesbian sex scenes with Kalinda to hold the audience.
  • Enough is Enough

Just curious, is there a need for a new set of writers? They seem to be stuck on the same script with just a few changes each week. Please clear Carey and move onto a new script. The current script is getting really old and boring.
  • BEST SHOW ON NETWORK TV

Sex, drama, law, family, politics, organized crime, I'm a 50 yr old male and thoroughly enjoy the fact that it is a female dominant character power structure that is done in a completely believable fashion. Also I like that every character has a meaningful role, it never feels like there is any roles that are just "filler" Please keep up the good needs to use this series as an example on HOW TO DO to all cast and crew for the fasted hour. I wish your program would throw one or two 2 hour episodes each would have record
  • show needs to get nostalgia back..

it is not same as tension between main character Alicia and her children with her constant Deliema is lost,tension with the man she loved is is dead and her emotional connect with kalinda is gone,no amount of hugging Cary would fill the void.

fin is really so hope makers don't make it clich and make her sleep with Fin ,she should be defeated with dirty politics and come back to law to defend the innocent/guilty and see that life is not black and white but many shades of grey...
  • Good Wife going down hill this season

The show got to political this season, and the episodes have become routine. It got boring for my wife and I, so we started watching Resurrection. We see enough political crap on the news. Evening TV should be more relaxing. We hope Good Wife is canceled, if not we will continue watching Resurrection.
  • Woaaaw

Hey people why SO MUCH HATE on poor Michael J. Fox?? I think people need to realize this is JUST a tv show calm the eff down.

Not watching the show just because the CHARACTER is an atheist? really? have you reached the point of intolerance where you "fiscally" CAN'T watch a show just because the character is an atheist??

And people one more thing threatening the net work or the producers with "Final warning I won't be watching anymore if they don't change this or that" guess what? NOBODY CARES!

The show is great yes you can feel the soap opera tone even more in this last season and I kinda wish they went back on track but is ok

Is just a tv show not the end of the world people get a hold of yourselves