The Good Wife

Sunday 9:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 22, 2009 In Season

neomichel

The Good Wife Fan Reviews (104)

• Good but nothing more

Here we have another typical episodic show with mediocre background series plot. It became a standart these few past years to make these default structure, sadly so widespread. It mostly works economically because it draws numbers, has a good longevity and doesnt require much creative work or creative work at all. What the show excels in, is casting in my opinion. Especially the guest character casting (many from The Wire but other good shows too). The first season i liked the most because it didnt have the need to be as flashy and overdramatize simple things as consequent seasons.

Its made prefferably for female audience but the story is lacking something original and i see a tendency to use simple dirty tricks on the audience more and more to draw attention not by quality but flashiness.

Still a pretty decent show so far i am only at S03
  • Tonight's show was disgusting!

I have always enjoyed watching the Good Wife however, I thought tonight's episode, 'Red Meat' was disgusting and shameful!

You had Diane kill the deer when she is against hunting. Really? We just can't get away from the bloodlust. Then she ate the deer meat as a victory. Anyone who kills for pleasure is a psychopath.
  • What's the point of Matthew Goode???

I was done watching the Good wife when Will died. Too devastated, was like a personal loss then I gave it a 2nd chance when M. Goode came into the picture.... Unfortunately, he din't help much well I should say his character is not being developed well. Will!!!!!!!!! should never have died. The script writers are killing the show...... My hands are over my eyes... I truly loved the show.
  • Should not have killed Will

The show has just not been the same since the death of Will. Sorry to say I am losing interest rapidly. The episodes are tough to watch now. To bad it was such a good show.
  • Good Wife

It sucks! The writers are pitiful!
  • Going down, down, down

Used to be an excellent show. But the scripts have deteriorated badly. The political arc is incredibly boring--all they can think to do is make each character, including Alicia, more and more corrupted with each episode. BORing and unrealistic (guess what, some politicians, like some lawyers, actually do try to do the right thing from time to time, and there is complexity in figuring out how to solve pressing political issues). Get back to the complex, mentally-challenging law cases and return to portraying characters as morally ambiguous, not just as deteriorating further and further into sharkdom.
  • show in going downhill fast

Last Sunday, Mar8, was the dumbest "Good Wife" show ever. I used to like that show so much, but it has deteriorated to the point of extreme boredom. I was so mad at myself for wasting an hour on this mess. I might look in tonight, but I give it 10min, then I am outta there . The whole thing about getting into Alica's brain was like slow death.

What happened to court room drama?
  • Last Sunday's "The Good Wife" on March 8th was awful and not up to par

WHY would you put a debate between an atheist and a Priest on the show and what in the world did that have to do with Alicia preparing to debate her opponent. I don't like that her character does not believe in God and it just keeps coming up in the series and for what purpose??? It is so distracting to the real stories and gets everyone off track and angry to sit through Alicia not believing in God... That is a sad commentary on the writers who must not believe or THEY are having debates about their faith between themselves. They should leave that to Roma Downey or people who GET when to do a faith based series or these. Is "The Good Wife" going to HELL? Is that what we are to think... I just hated that last episode and yes, I am a Christian who loved watching "The Good Wife" but if Religion is going to be the topic, I am DONE DONE DONE
  • what????????

4.5
    spinning out of back to reality
  • This is Good wife's,not Birdman

What a complete waste of an hour! Did the writers of Birdman sneak into the Good Wife's offices?
  • Are the "Real Writers" of the Good Wife On Vacation??

Just watched episode of March 8th and must say this is the worst waste of time I have experienced in my life. It was if the writers took a holiday and let their kids write the script. If there was a script.

I hate to see a program as good as this one go down the tubes, but each week seems worst than the week before.
  • I Love the show

i really think that this show is one of the best tv series ever, when Will died i thought that the show couldnt continue any longer, but they did, and it was amazing. When someone dies, life continues, and that is exactly what happened here, and people need to move on. The writers are amaxing, you can notice that they know exactly what they are doing. All the cast is great, In my family we all are huge fans of the serie.
  • The Good Wife should end....

I loved this show, when Will got killed that should of been the last show so boring zzzzz
  • Will is coming back?

I stopped watching my favourite show after Will's death but watched all the episodes last week because I heard that the Producer is planning to bring back Will in Season 6. There are very few shows which maintain their ratings after crossing 5th season. I hope they bring back Will so that the show can regain its ratings. They can come up with anything like FBI abducted Will and staged his death for some reasons. Frankly, the show is not that bad in season 6, but it surely is well below the original quality which they MUST bring back
  • this show sucks!

started out really enjoying this series but this last year I've lost interest . It was more fun when it was all about Alicia Florrick over coming her husbands scandal and trying to start over. I liked watching her take the high road, only now she's the cheater so to speak and the show has lost its interest for me. Also the court cases aren't as good as they use to be. She use to have a Perry Mason quality about her and the cases she assisted in were more interesting like a chess board game of strategy. I thought there may be a glimmer of hope when they brought back this crazy lawyer Elsbeth Tascioni. Elsbeth is fun to watch and I think she and Alicia would make a good firm all on their own. I'd hate to see this show go so I hope they get better writing in the next season cause where it stands now I'm not sure I'll continue to watch :( to bad cause I really liked it when it started out.

• Going Boston Legal

I know why the show transformed from a lawyer show to a political show - setting the stage for a Hillary candidacy. In 2008, Boston Legal went all out to campaign for Obama. They knew it was their last season so they threw away all restraint. Alicia and Peter are TV's Hillary and Bill. We see Democrat talking points (gay agenda, war on women, campus rape, etc) as major plot lines every also seeing a parade of Democrat luminaries (Valerie Jarrett, Gloria Steinem, Chuck Schumer) as guest stars. I bet that before the end of the season, Hillary herself will make an appearance. They use frequent lesbian sex scenes with Kalinda to hold the audience.
  • Enough is Enough

Just curious, is there a need for a new set of writers? They seem to be stuck on the same script with just a few changes each week. Please clear Carey and move onto a new script. The current script is getting really old and boring.
  • BEST SHOW ON NETWORK TV

Sex, drama, law, family, politics, organized crime, I'm a 50 yr old male and thoroughly enjoy the fact that it is a female dominant character power structure that is done in a completely believable fashion. Also I like that every character has a meaningful role, it never feels like there is any roles that are just "filler" Please keep up the good needs to use this series as an example on HOW TO DO to all cast and crew for the fasted hour. I wish your program would throw one or two 2 hour episodes each would have record
  • show needs to get nostalgia back..

it is not same as tension between main character Alicia and her children with her constant Deliema is lost,tension with the man she loved is is dead and her emotional connect with kalinda is gone,no amount of hugging Cary would fill the void.

fin is really so hope makers don't make it clich and make her sleep with Fin ,she should be defeated with dirty politics and come back to law to defend the innocent/guilty and see that life is not black and white but many shades of grey...
  • Good Wife going down hill this season

The show got to political this season, and the episodes have become routine. It got boring for my wife and I, so we started watching Resurrection. We see enough political crap on the news. Evening TV should be more relaxing. We hope Good Wife is canceled, if not we will continue watching Resurrection.
  • Woaaaw

Hey people why SO MUCH HATE on poor Michael J. Fox?? I think people need to realize this is JUST a tv show calm the eff down.

Not watching the show just because the CHARACTER is an atheist? really? have you reached the point of intolerance where you "fiscally" CAN'T watch a show just because the character is an atheist??

And people one more thing threatening the net work or the producers with "Final warning I won't be watching anymore if they don't change this or that" guess what? NOBODY CARES!

The show is great yes you can feel the soap opera tone even more in this last season and I kinda wish they went back on track but is ok

Is just a tv show not the end of the world people get a hold of yourselves
  • The Good Wife

We quit watching The Good Wife. Just can't watch a show that the main character says that she is an atheist. What is happening to our country???
  • Wish They'd All Go

This season has become a soap opera and not a very good one at that. The plots meander, belabor whatever point they're trying to make (which I've yet to figure out anyway) and the characters, to a person, have become pompous and insufferable egomaniacs. I only wish that when Kerry goes to prison that he would take the others with him. They all need to learn some humility and prison is an excellent place for them to be knocked down a peg or two.

And forget that whole election plot line. Completely unrealistic and shows us nothing worthwhile. If Alicia had a half the brains the show wants us to believe she has, she would've dropped out after Day One.
  • A copycat of SVU

The Trial turned into an ending similar to the defunct SVU which always gave the impression that you have waisted your time watching it, given there was almost never a satisfactory conviction or acquittal. In this case, more than three episodes for nothing. The first season was good because there were wins and happy endings and worthile romances. My only hope here is that somehow they are going to bring Cary back through Bishop being killed and the witness recanting his story. If that happens I am almost certain that Kalinda will in some way be involved in the killing, although her character is scheduled to disappear from the show which makes this scenario unlkely. If Cary does not return I think the cumulative disappearance of Will, Kalinda and Cary will be the end of watching the show for many viewers, me included. They should kill the show and start another one instead.
  • Get rid of Michael J Fox! He SUCKS AND IS RUINING AN ALREADY Good SHOW -BY Being on it!

This show is great however, really dislike Michael J Fox on it, his sickness aside-he has always been an over-rated -Low budget Crappy actor. Why are all these crappy actors Scabbing onto the people's success and popular shows -so intent on RUINING ALL THESE GOOD SHOWS- BY BEING ON IT?! The show is great -Sont Need or want them! GET RID OF MJF! HE SUCKS! ALWAYS HAS! What? All these Crappy actors, who can't make it on their own -acting?

Come on, GET NEW, FRESH FACE ACTORS -WHO CAN START FRESH AND NEW ON THE SHOW, AND EARN THEIR PLACE AND REPUTATIONS ON THE show! DO NOT NEED OR WANT ANY OF THESE PHONEY OVER-RATED CRAPPY OVER-PAID, WASHED UP 'SCABS'! He is ruining the show! GET RID OF MICHAEL J FOX! Show is great -BUT with MJF - rating:-10
  • Glad to hear Kalinda will be gone!!!

My thanks to the writers for FINALLY getting rid of the lesbian in this GREAT SHOW! Put her on one of the already, many shows with homosexuals in them [that I don't watch]! There are more straight folks than gay, so we are HAPPY to hear that Kalinda will be leaving!!! I record the show so that I can fast forward through the parts of her kissing and making out with other women, but still it just makes us SICK!!! Yucky!!!

We have watched the Good Wife since it first aired and love it EXCEPT for the lesbian thing. Was about to ask the writers to "write her as straight", when I read that this will be her last season!!! Yeah!!! Maybe they [the writers] listened to some of the others that feel as we do! Thanks so much!!!
  • tardive dyskonisia

I am a huge fan of the show. However, I am extremely upset about how Michael J. Fox is being portrayed with having tardive dyskonisia. I suffer from this disease and it is very different from the Parkinson's that he really has. Although they are both movement disorders, . is caused by problems with medication. It is permanent and incurable. The movements are similar to Parkinson's, however, Parkinson's is much more severe and constant. People who watch the show are getting inaccurate information. There are times when I am wrongly judged because of this. Also to now say he has kidney failure due to the meds he takes for . is upsetting. The only meds that can be taken for . are the ones that have the same properties as those that cause the disease. And they don't cure it, only supposedly help manage it. I currently don't take meds for my . because I don't want to be on those meds again. I just don't understand why the show just doesn't say he has Parkinson's. Why misrepresent one disease instead of accurately representing another. I don't know how others that suffer from . feel about this but I sure would like to know.
  • My sympathies.....

to Michael J. Fox. But it's time for him to retire from the TV screen. His constant physical twitches & slurred speech make him unwatchable. I am sorry that he has been saddled with this disease. But now, it's been worked into the plots of the show to great disadvantage -- oxygen? A wheelchair? Come on, folks.
  • Old Spice episode

We LOVE The Good Wife. But, why add real life politicians to the show. We are putting the producers on notice, one more sighting of real life politicians on the show, that will be our last viewing of the show.
  • too late

CBS needs to do something about the shows on Sunday evening starting and ending late (at least in the Central time region). Not everyone sits with their eyes glued to the tv set, especially these days with dvr, etc. During football seasons, I usually try to change the timer so that it records longer than usual but lately it is not the same every Sunday and the last couple of Sundays it was on time so I changed the dvr timer back to normal. Also, the maximum over-time recording limit is 90 minutes and that's what I have to use since the timing with football is so willy-nilly and that either bumps something else that was going to record or it keeps us from recording something else for the next hour and a half. And don't say to stream it, some of us can't do that.
CBS