The Good Wife

The Bit Bucket

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Oct 06, 2013 on CBS

• sucks

this site attempted to watch season 5 episode the good wife 7 times.....1/4 of the way thru it jumps to commercials and into episode 16.
  • The Bit Bucket

The episode was well-acted, and that made up for a case that was kind of flimsy, and way too much emphasis on David Lee (not that I hate him) and the side storylines. Still, there's a reason this show is so lauded, it just hooks you in, and tackles issues other legal dramas don't. Hopefully we get more of SCIF Court in the future too.
  • Big Brother is Listening!

The Good Wife's obsession with technology seems to have taken on a whole new life here. Lockhart-Gardner's continued association with Chumhum and its creator, Neil Gross, is paying off that obsession. Although there are times when I felt like it had diminishing returns. The show has seemingly mined everything that has to do with living in the current digital age so it's very easy to tune out. Strangely enough, by bringing in the government behemoth and the NSA into the fray, the case is complex but unsettling for showing the prospect of tapping the phone calls of private citizens.

I half expected Reese from Person of Interest to walk by the NSA analysts' office as they were working. The show isn't going to stop its obsession with electronics so I doubt this will be the last time we see the NSA. The other subplots make for suitable compensation when a less-than-compelling case comes up, and with a busy show like this, episodes are typically full of those things.

• The Good Wife.

Oh no, so Diane never have to give another interview with Mandy Post, so now I know where this is leading, Diane you just sold out Will all for nothing. So Lockhart / Gardner decide to sue the NSA over Chumhum and its creator Neil Gross, which they did win the case, but that's just the tip of the iceberg. So if the NSA is listening to Alicia landline phone, what is going on with Zach's old / current girlfriend Nisa and I guess her father is Teo Dalmar (is he a member of a Somalian terrorist group). Just when you thought you've seen the last of Becca, this time making trouble on two sides again with Eli and with Grace, I thought Grace would know better. As for Veronica I hope she doesn't tell David what she spent the $140 grand on and who it was for. Another Fantastic Episode. Thumbs Up.