The Greatest American Hero

ABC (ended 1983)

Zanshinkyo

The Greatest American Hero Fan Reviews (18)

• A great flashback from the 80s

I stumbled a couple of weeks ago over this show and think it is hilarious. Of course, it is an 80s show and that has to be taken into account. If you want special effects like Heroes, wrong show for you. Sure, the show is somewhat cheesy and old but go ahead and take a close look.

Its pretty much above average. The cases and problems he faces and solves are clever and often funny. Above average. The writers put a lot of love in the show. William Katt plays one of the most unusual and interesting heroes ever.

He is not like Superman, he is a normal guy that has gotten this suit that gives superpowers and mastering is not that easy. Him flying is one of the most funny things ever. And seeing him grow, getting more used to it from season to season is a very nice development.

I wish they would have played this show when I was a kid here on TV, I am quite sure I would have liked it better than Knight Rider or some other shows that made it to europe.

The only bad thing that I can say is that the DVD version is missing some of the original soundtracks but thats not a problem of the show itself. I wished there were more episodes...