The Green Hornet Forums

ABC (ended 1967)

Green Hornet New Movie

knownote

[1]Jun 26, 2010
    • level: 3

I've just seen the trailer for the new Green Hornet movie. Ughh. Here we go again. When Hollywood "modernizes" something, it's always a good rule to stay away.

In this, it appears only Kato is the capable crimefighter. After all, in modernizing it Hollywood had to make it politically correct and couldn't have the Hornet being the "boss" of the minority. So Kato it seems is elevated to the main hero, the one who's really in charge, the one who's really the only capable, smart person of the two.

In the original, both characters were smart and capable and while the Hornet was in charge, he relied on Kato's ideas and expertise as well.

Hollywood is now so obsessed with molding society's thoughts through political correctness, they had to dumb down the Hornet and make Kato the only capable one.

I don't think I'll be giving them any of my money on this one. I'll just wait until the tv show is finally released on dvd, maybe they will do it as a tie in to the release of the movie.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

antdude

[2]Jan 13, 2011
    • level: 28
    As a fan of the old television/TV series, who is planning to see it? I just watched the pilot for the first time.

seto1

[3]Jan 14, 2011
    • level: 16
    I had only recently become a fan of the show thanks to a marathon by syfy and i cant believe its even the same show they are trying to remake.I looked at the trailer and have to say there should be some kind of law against remakes they just seem to cheapen all these shows that we keep in memory.I can hear it now when those you know the show would liken the hornet to hero greats like batman the new fans would simply say "dude that guy is an idiot" and they would be right .

JImMourgos

[4]Jan 14, 2011
    • level: 1

I see nothing wrong with a re-imagination of the Green Hornet. The TV series reimagined the radio show, so why not? And you're judging by a movie trailer? Give me a break!

Hollywood recognizes that many people don't even know who Green Hornet is and need to not play just for fan boys. Watch the movie first and then complain that it's not played straight. Geesh!

Comedy is cool and Seth Rogen is the man to do it.

Boozwaa

[5]Jan 14, 2011
    • level: 7

Well, was going to wait for the DVD, but the kids wanted to see it, so I went. Let's just say, I hope they come out with another version of the Green Hornet. Maybe a version more along the lines of a drama like Spider-man or Batman was. No need for the 3D, either. Man, did they get the wrong actor to play the Green Hornet.

Kato is passable, but who can ever replace Bruce Lee? I think Jet-Li would have been better, but he may be a bit..., too old now? Wasn't Jet Li supposed to have played the role back in 2000 when they were thinking of doing the remake, with George Clooney as the green hornet? I think at present, that guy on Hawaii Five-O would make a better Green Hornet than Seth Rogan.

zzbeach

[6]Jan 17, 2011
    • level: 12

Ole Jimbo you couldn't be more wrong. Will Ferrel tried to do a comedy movie with Land of the Lost and it bombed. The reviews look bad for this film and movie goers are mixed at best.