The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Billy and Mandy Save Christmas

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Dec 02, 2005 on Cartoon Network

• Christmas Review #72

It's Christmas in Endsville, and Billy dragged Grim and Mandy to see Santa Claus at the Endsville mall. When they get there, they find out it isn't really santa, but Mr. Skarr instead. Mandy tells Billy that they're really isn't any Santa. So Grim goes to the north pole to prove it to Mandy. But when they got there, they have a much bigger problem on their hands. Santa Claus has been bitten by a vampire, and the must find the head vampire to return him to normal. I thought that this was a great 40 minute Christmas episode of "The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy". Although, it's not like the greatest Christmas special I've ever seen. It did have some parts that did make me laugh pretty hard but the whole Santa being a vampire and Mrs. Claus being the reason that Santa is a vampire was pretty lame in my opinion and that also lowered my score. The parts that did make me laugh was when Grim was doing his usual evil laugh and then a giant teddy bear hits him and he falls down, Grim and Baron von Ghoulish dancing and singing (followed by them getting frozen), and some more. The ending also could have been better as well. Overall, a great 40 minute Christmas episode of "The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy" but it could have been better. 8/10
  • When Christmas is threatened, it's up to Billy, Mandy, Grim, and their new ally Baron Von Ghoulish to save the day!

Santa Claus and vampires. Heh, never thought I'd actually have to use those three words in the same sentence.

Anyway, this was a rather amusing episode, and it featured some rather suprising plot twists. Oh, and the choice of guest voices used were pretty good too in my personal opinion.
  • Great special

This special was just really great. I mean - it was just really funny, not the best episodes, but one of the really good ones that'll really get your attention while you're watching it. It's Christmas time, and Billy wants to go to the mall to see Santa, but it turns out its a Santa fake. The gang decides to go to the North Pole, where they find Santa, but bitten by a vampire. So they must find the Head Vampire, or the Head Head Vampire to save Santa and Christmas.
  • If it's funny to other fans but its closely average.

Saving Christmas is really not downhill but there's perhaps more episodes coming for this show and to see if there better. It came up with a new scare like any orginal horror movies. The story line is quite stupid... I mean Vampires taking over Christmas and the trio have to save them. And the jokes aren't funny to me but check the overall on the top section.

6.5 out of 10 should keep its show check.
  • This episode makes me laugh

Did you know this is my favourite episode of The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy,its a episode that well make you laugh,tears come out from eyes tears of laughter.most episode make you fall to sleep but this episode does'nt it will make you stand up tall.You know what i mean.
  • The show "The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy" is a fine example of a show. It seems to rise and come above the kids shows that have aired lately. Seeing references from some of my favorites adds to the greatness of the show. It will easily become a cl

I thought the Billy and Mandy Save Christmas Special was very entertaining. Seeing references from trilogies such as The Evil Dead series and Star Wars was a very nice treat, but something has me puzzled. Does anybody body know who wrote and preformed the song for the end credits? Please reply.
  • The Best Christmas Special Ever!

This holiday special is longer than the first special. Both of the opening and ending are excellent. This Christmas special better than any other animated X'mas episodes. Grim tried to prove to Billy and Mandy about the existence of Santa Claus. Mandy was wrong once again at rarely. Billy did made a reference from a previous episode about Skarr of Evil Con Carne. I would have never realize that Gilbert Gottfried provided Santa Claus the weirdest voice ever, but somehow I like it. Much better than any other voices provided for the bringer of joy and cheers. He got bitten by his wife who was the Head Head Vampire the whole time. Grim and Baron Von Ghoulish suggested that Mandy should sing the Christmas carol to revive the Christmas spirit within Santa. Plus Grim and Ghoulish used candy canes to make Mandy look like she's smiling. Pretty nice, huh?

Grim made Billy the man to help Mrs. Claus around the workshop and house. He found the cure for Santa from his vampire curse. He baked cookies and fetched a glass of milk for Santa. I like the parts where Grim and Mandy fought against the vampire elves. They were very comical. Just as she was about to slay the Head Head Vamprie, Billy recovered Santa from his bloodsucking curse. In fact, both of those kids saved Christmas.

Any chances this will happen again? I enjoy this X'mas special ever more than any other. Nothing will ever make me reconsider.