The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Dad Day Afternoon / Scary Poppins

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Jun 05, 2006 on Cartoon Network

• A horrible portrayal of Mandy

1.7
    First off, I would like to say that this these epiodes are two of the worst in the series. The humor is horrible and I hate how they portray the characters.

Dad Day Afternoon is not what I would expect from this show. Billy and Mandy is usually a dark and awsome show, but not in this episode. The whole country music thing just doesn't work well. The humor wasn't very good and it was just boring. Besides, in "A Grim Prophecy," Grim's dad made him be the Grim Reaper(though this is only a minor flaw in my opinion, as the show isn't always continuous). The only good part is the end, when Grim shows his father what he really is. Then there's Scary Poppins, the worst episode of all. Mandy is usually the best character in the show. The reason is because she is shown to be an awsomely dark and cynical character. But all this episode did is make her look like a brat. Whoever wrote this episode and who did its storyboarding should know that there is a difference between being evil (like what Mandy really is) and being a childesh brat. I just hated what the episode did to Mandy. It just seemed to degrade her character. Like I said, the worst half-hour segment yet. At least it doesn't spread on to the next few episodes.
  • Grim's dad loved country rock music

I love 'Dad Day Afternoon'. Because it's funny and hilarious, it shows lots of flashbacks from when Grim was a kid living with his father. I didn't like the fact about Grim's dad saying that he loves country rock more than he loves him. That was pretty evil of him to say that. When Grim's dad kept on saying 'farther' over and over, it was probably time for Grim to leave home, and he'd probably thought that his father didn't love him anymore. Then, at the Father's Day Country-Rock Festival, Grim's dad likes the fact that he's become the Grim Reaper. Grim's dad didn't even forgive him for lying to him at the end of the episode!