The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Duck! / Aren't You Chupacabra To See Me?

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Jun 24, 2005 on Cartoon Network

• I'll only rate Duck.

Duck - basically, this episode is about a phantom ghost duck who follows random people around and keeps making farting noises. The duck starts to follow grim, getting him in trouble and getting him arrested. The ghost duck then follows irwin around and irwins dad and grandmama. Irwin with irwins dad, irwins grandmama and the phantom duck go to a baseball game where everyone wheres goatees in honour of a baseball player. at a moments silence, the duck farts and everyone thinks irwin did that and chase him and his family, arresting them. Billys dad along with a load more people get arrested and the duck goes after mandy. the duck tries to humiliate mandy, but mandy gets the better of the duck and the duck suddenly dissapeers.
  • In "Duck" a duck follows people around making a fart sound, humiliating the victim. In "Aren't you Chupacabra to see me" Billy befriends a moster that comes out of the television.

***Spoiler Warning: Plot and ending details in review***

"Duck" begins with Grim having a nightmare, which unleashed a ghost duck. The duck follows Grim making fart sound to annoy and embarres him. Grim winds up in jail for ripping his cloak off in front of children claiming he did not have a stomach and could not fart. Grim calls Irwin to pay the bail but does not give enough money. The duck follows Irwin and makes fart sounds in the car and at a baseball game he watches. A mob gets Irwin, his father, and his grandmother arrested for 'insulting' a baseball player. The duck then follows Billy's dad. He is arrested for apparently no reason. The duck then fills up the jail cell with other people. It is finally stopped by Mandy when she has no concern over what he does, which causes the duck to dissapear. Everything goes back to 'normal' and Mandy gets detention. "Aren't you Chupacabra to see me" starts with Grim, Billy, and Mandy going to an underworld blockbuster after watching a movie over sixty times (Billy keeps on forgeting he already watched the movie). Grim and Mandy think the movie that Billy rented is stupid and go away. When they are gone, a chupacabra comes out of the television (similar to "The Ring") and Billy keeps it as his 'first' pet. He names it Daisy thinking it is a dog and takes it for a walk. Billy and Daisy see Irwin and his dog. Daisy sucks some of Irwin's/dog's brains/blood. When the two come home, Grim tells Billy that Daisy must go back into the movie because his perfect record is in jeporady. Daisy disapears and Billy mourns his loss, then yells at Milkshakes, who is stuck in a tree, about losing his first real pet.
  • A ghost duck follows people around in "Duck!" Only they can see him, and makes farting noises to get them in trouble. In "Aren't You..." a chupacabra comes out of the TV from a video Billy watches that Grim rented from underworld video store.

This episode was classically hilarious, with "Duck!" being the better of the two. I loved the reference to the Talking Heads' song "Once in a Lifetime" when Grim says "This is not my beautiful..." and Billy calmly says "Same as it ever was; same as it ever was; same as it ever was!" That was just hilarious. I also liked how the bear guy (forgot his name!) was seen as he said "I'm not even in this show anymore!" The duck was a great thing for this show, and as my review states, exactly why I watch this series. "Aren't You Chupacabra to See me?" was funny as well, but not quite as good. Still funny as ever, but it can't match "Duck!"
  • Aren't You Chupacabra to See Me was off track

If you ask me what I seriously thought about these episodes, in my opinion, I would say that Aren't You Chupacabra to See Me was the worse one of these two pretty cool episodes. It just didn't fit in, although the humor, such as the Billy-moon-blind combo, was great! And Duck, another funny one, a lesson for farting, never make soft farts.
  • Irwin's Dad: I think we better jittity jet.

This was the funniest episode yet! I t started out with the episode Duck! This episode had some really funny jokes, and a little bit of mature humor, Grim finding a bra in Billy's room. It was about a ghost duck who kept making fart noises and landing everybody in jail. The funniest joke in this episode is where the little kids give grim a soda ,a dn the duck makes a fart noise the little kids think Grim did it, Grim takes off his robe and screams look at me body! that was hilarious. Then there was
    Aren't You Chupacabra To See Me? This was also a really good episode, with some really funny humor, Billy watching the Labbie tape over and over , and then renting the Chupacabra tape, and making Grim cry when he called the movie stupid, and then when the creature came to life and attacked Irwin's dog and his head, I feel so lightheaded. Really funny episode I was laughing the whole time!
  • Duck deamon goes around making fart noises and landing people in jail. Cursed video unleashes chupacabra that sucks the life out of victims, but Billy's brainlessness makes him immune and he cares for the deamon.

Really liked how the deamon set up the townspeople especially Irwin. Thought chupacabra was cool, but expected a more fierce-looking, wolf-type creature. Would've been better with scarier-looking chupacabra and more victims. Not a particularly good episode overall, but had its moments. Especially when Mandy actually farts at the end of the first half and when the chupacabra engulfs Irwin's dog during the second.
  • "Duck" was hot. "Aren't You Chupacabra to See Me?" was not.

Duck, being the hilarious episode that it was made the other episode fall short. This episode was really funny, funny, funny, funny, funny. Other than that it was stupid, stupid, stupid... Billy and Mandy has been better, but this episode was fairly awesome. By the way, I'm hungry for some Peking Duck! Ha ha...
  • Duck!/Aren't You Chupacabra to See Me? are two good episodes of Billy and Mandy. These two episodes teaches us morals.

In Duck!, a stupid phantom duck makes farting sounds that makes everyone except Billy, Mandy, the schoolchildren (Irwin went to jail) and Principal Goodvibes. At least Mandy's role in this episode was as the hero and she won. I liked her handling towards the duck and I think we should do the same if we are to encounter bullies in real life. So in other words, even if she got detention, she was cool about it. But, the only problem is the ending when Mandy farted. That was just weird.

Aren't You Chupacabra to See Me? is I believe better than Duck! because of the handling. Daisy was so cute and the humor in the episode was handled well. And the animation in this season is slightly different because Billy looks abit like what he did in Season 1 and Season 2.

Overall, a good Season 5 episode of TGAOBAM that you should see.
  • This episode will going to show you how farting problems can ruin your life!

In the episode "Duck!", Grim accidentally frees a phantom duck who begins to get people in trouble. This thing goes over and over and when it seems that nothing can stop the annoying duck, Mandy saves the day again.

It is incredible to see how the creator made the farting gag in something actually hilarious. It is comical to see Mandy being embarassed by the duck in the front of the school kids, the librarian and mostly Principal Goodvibes. The other scenes with the duck embarassing everyone was great too, but with Mandy was very notable. Overall, the episode was really good as being fun.