The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Hurter Monkey / Goodbling and the Hip-Hop-Opotamus

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Jul 10, 2006 on Cartoon Network

• The second half is where I drew the line on Billy and Mandy for a while.

Sorry, fans--but the second half is where I drew the line on Billy and Mandy and wanted to stop watching it until Wrath of the Spider Queen and Big Boogey Adventure. In essence, the second segment of this episode is in short a long string of Yo Momma jokes, peppered with Goodbling, which was funny the first few times, then got REALLY annoying. The hippo-sidekick only made Goodbling even MORE annoying, and the fact that Irwin couldn't talk "gangsta" when we've heard him say it before was just ridiculous. Worse, the entire plot, including the non-twist of Irwin's grandma being the one up against Goodbling made me think the writers just ran out of ideas; the culmination of which was a long, irritating string of Yo Momma jokes that made me stare at the TV in horror.

This episode pair disappointed me, really, and I expected better from a show that lasted for seven seasons. Skip this episode, watch the older seasons or the last two movies.
  • Goodbling is hilarious.

The episode where goodbling is hip with the hip-hop-pottamus is hilarious. The best bit was the yo momma face off at the end of the episode. I got a few yo momma jokes they could have used, but they're too dirty to use on a show like the grim adventures of billy and mandy. the yo momma jokes they used were just as hilarious though. Yo mommas so stupid she put lipstick on her head to make up her mind. lolage! yo mommas so stupid she sold her car for gas money. hilarious. yo mommas so ugly she met yur dad at a dog show. how do the writers come up with this stuff? genius
  • Not my favorite episode, but far from the worst

7.1
    This wasn't my favorite episode of the series. It definitly could have been better. At least in Hurter Monkey, they finally explained why Grim can't just kill Billy and Mandy. Now reviewers can't just say that Grim being their servant is pointless. I didn't like the cleaning showdown in the episode, though. It just seemed uninteresting.

Goodbling and the Hip-Hop-Opotomus was better. Though still not my favorite episode, I liked the Yo Mama showdown. I could use some more Yo Mama jokes. I also like Grim's reasons for stopping Goodbling. But overall, this wasn't the best episode. It was still pretty funny, though.

Oh, and by the way, Yo Mama is so fat, when she sits around the house, she sits AROUND the house. Yeah, how do yo like that? Heh. (Man, that just wasn't cool).
  • Principal Goodvibes is trying to be a rapper. Classic.

I can't believe the second part of the episode. It was so funny. Hurter Monkey was a very good episode, but after I watched Goodbling and the Hip-Hop-Opotamus I couldn't stop laughing. When Grim blasted Principal Goodvibes and the hippopatamus, I didn't know what would happen next. Then when Mindy told him he wasn't really cool that is sort of like what one student told one of my teachers. Then everyone was forced to dress up like rappers it reminded me of the episode of Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide when they had Spirit Week and had to dress up because it was Hip Hop Friday. Then the funniest part of the episode came when Grandmama came and said Irwin didn't wear his sweater and she and Principal Goodvibes started saying Yo Momma jokes against each other. This was just like a bad version of Yo Momma, but it was funny.
  • Does Grim really shake for Mandy?

THis episode was funny. When Grim called Mandy a "sawed-off little tyrant", he listed all the things that he does: the cooking, the cleaning, the homework, the washing, the drying, the shaking, the baking, the pooping, the scooping, then Mandy says Grim also does all the complaining. When Grim returned, Dickie Galoot started talking human language. During the battle between Grim and Dickie, this was funny, Grim said, "Dickie, come out and play-ay!" Then, Grim and Dickie did the laundry and Grim sat down and took a rest. Billy had to pay Mandy his allowance, then Billy was talking to Grim saying, "All you do is watch TV, eat Nutty Corn Snacks, and complain."
  • This show always surprises me

Hurter Monkey and Goodbling and the Hip-hoppotamus was an amazing episode from start to finish in my opinion. I was impressed by "Hurter Monkey" because it took twists and turns that kept me riveted. I really enjoyed the fake show parody "The Extreme Adventures of Brandon and Mallory" probably the writers are making fun of those awful BKN cartoons that they show on the syndicated networks (like the new Sonic the Hedgehog show or even Gi Joe Sigma Six) and I couldn't stop laughing. I really enjoyed the "John Woo" inspired shoot-out/clean-off that capped off that particular episode too. It was really well executed and I happen to enjoy that kind of stuff and never would have expected to see it in a cartoon like "Billy and Mandy"!! We also get insight into WHY Grim can't just leave Billy and Mandy and why Grim must fight to get his place back! Great great episode. Truly inspired.

I also thought Goodbling and the Hip-hopotamus was a hilarious and great episode too. I thought the gags were really funny, like the one where Goodbling tells Mindy that his life really is exciting when it really isn't, or Irwin as MC Hammmer, or the one where they were talking about the new Hip-hop School curriculum was well-done! It seemed like the person who wrote it really loves hip-hop culture and portrayed it with the kind of insight and respect that you don't normally see in an animated show. The "Yo mama" battle at the end left me rolling on my living room floor. All in all, an amazing episode!!! I love this show!!! To the Extreme!!!