The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Terror of the Black Night / Battle of the Bands / The Halls of Time

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Aug 01, 2003 on Cartoon Network

• Halls of Time... terrible

If Halls of Time just didn't air with this, I would probably give this episode a perfect 10.0! I mean, Halls of Time just didn't fit in, after two rocking and rolling episodes. "The Black Knight" comes into town in Terror of the Black Knight, but Billy has trouble getting the outfit off, so here we go, breakdancing! Battle of the Bands! Grim shows his real self, rocking mode! Knows how to play the electric guitar real good.
  • 10.0 rly funny

i love this episode.... its halarious and grim totally rocks out. its also hilarious when billys dad flies and billy arm farts.i would rly like to hear the real song of darkness but it idnt on itunes. its sounds like a rly good song and i would rly like to have it. whre can i find it??
  • I love The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy!Battle of the Bands is my favorite episode.

Battle of the Bands is awesome!I love it when Grim and Purple Filth rock it out at the endsville Battle of the Bands.I also love it when billy says "Moooooogaaarr!"The song they sang is called Darkness and of what I've heard its by SPF 1000.I also love it when Billy wins by making arm farts.Grim rules!
  • Battle of the Bands: 9/10 Terror of the Black Knight: 10/10 Halls of Time: 4/10 Overall: 7.3/10

7.2
    I'm not going to summarize the episodes seeing as you probably have read the summary that the episode guide gave you, so I'm just going to state my opinions on each episode. There might be a few spoilers, so watch out!

Battle of the Bands
    A very exciting episode that reference several heavy metal bands (is it just me or is Billy's Dad dressed like the leader of KISS?). Anyway, I rate this episode 9/10.

Terror of the Black Knight
    This episode is the best of the three, and shows some of the absurdist humor that the show is so excellent at. I rate this episode 10/10.

Halls of Time
    This episode would have been better if it hadn't been for the ending. Don't get me wrong, I usually find it funny when an episode ends and the characters wind up either mutilated or trapped in a position they can't escape. But this episode somewhat overdoes that kind of situation. I rate this episode 4/10

Overall, this was a good episode and I am very happy to see it. I recommend it to the reader.
  • Grim Rocks!

Battle of the Bands-I loved when Grim went on stage and began to sing! That song was so rad. The only thing that sucks about it is that the song was only recorded for the show and I have yet to find a good copy of a full song. So far I can only find a clip. The song is by SPF1000-Darkness, very good band too.